Menu

What is the significance of your avatar?

My avatar is a picture of my youngest daughter sleeping when she was 15 months old. She wore a brace at night for her feet and would pull it up under her and sleep with her bottom in the air. I love that picture. She is the one I call littlebug so it goes with my user name.

Awwww. :001_wub: That's so sweet. :)

Mine is a photo we took at the King's greenhouses in Brussels when we lived in Belgium. The flowers are fuschias. I love visiting gardens and having gardens so that is why I put it up.

On another note, if you happen to be in Brussels in April, find out when the King's greenhouses are open. It is a site not to be missed. These are enormous greenhouses totally filled with fuschias and geraniums and there is also one giant greenhouse (they are all connected) with huge palm trees.

This week's question is, "What is the significance of your avatar?":001_smile:

It was a picture with most of my kids in it... and a full house which it is when they are all here. It is 5 years old though... I need to update. In the picture you can see my niece (now 20) and nephew (now 18) that lived with us for a time (their brother, 16, isn't in the picture but he was here too). My other niece, now 19, and nephew, now 17, homeschooled by their own mom, and my daughter who is now 8. My 3 and a half year old son is not in the picture, as he wasn't conceived yet!

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Mine was a sample photo on our computer when I first signed up. It brought to mind a sunny summer afternoon/evening when you could lay down under a friendly tree with a good book. Ahhhh . . . quiet relaxation in the midst of God's creation. (Of course, since it's just a fantasy, all flies, mosquitoes, chiggers, ants, poison ivy and other bothersome thingamabobs aren't around!:tongue_smilie:)

Mama Anna

Be as brilliant as you want to be, but don't take yourself too seriously.

The man was a "twinkler" and I love "twinklers."

Amen. I've always loved your avatar, Lisa, but I've always loved your sense of humor too. :D :grouphug::grouphug:

Mine was a sample photo on our computer when I first signed up. It brought to mind a sunny summer afternoon/evening when you could lay down under a friendly tree with a good book. Ahhhh . . . quiet relaxation in the midst of God's creation. (Of course, since it's just a fantasy, all flies, mosquitoes, chiggers, ants, poison ivy and other bothersome thingamabobs aren't around!:tongue_smilie:)

Mama Anna

This is my wallpaper picture on my computer - I really like it.

*Like* :D

I so wish there was a like button here sometimes! ;)

But really, I think I do look like that most mornings! LOL :lol:

Mine is very boring. Me (with one of my closest friends who's obviously not in the picture).

I love lilacs, and I love all things purple.

Me too. Love purple.

I play the lever harp, and this is my large, favorite one: a Thormahlen Swan, made of Koa wood. I love the looks and the sound.

Dh and I absolutely love the sound of the harp.

Me at 3 years old.

Very cute. Wish I could see a better close up. Very sweet.

Mine is my pet cat Sam who was tragically killed by a pitbull on Wednesday the 23rd...

So very sorry. :grouphug:

Mine is me first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee.

:lol:

My avatar is me.

:lol:

Mine is a goofy sign:

I just like goofy, weird signage.

:D

Who's the picture of in the bottom of your post? Lovely sunset.

sleep with her bottom in the air. I love that picture.

My dd used to sleep like that. :)

Mine is what I wish I looked like.....and perhaps what I might have looked like 15 some odd years ago. Sad. I know. I hate almost every picture that is taken of me and not many do.

:grouphug: Don't hate how you look. Be kind to yourself. :grouphug:

Mine is a favorite childhood book with a character I am very much like at times.

Miss Twiggly's Tree is a classic.

This is one of our favorite books.

I love flowers...especially spring flowers.

Me too, crazy about spring flowers. Absolutely love them and none to be found here.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" is my favorite "Chronicles of Narnia" book.

Mine also.

Just love this thread and all these fun replies. :)