Menu

What is the significance of your avatar?

The morning I was to be "commissioned" by my home church before heading off to Korea as a missionary teacher, I went for a little walk at the park across from home. It was a cloudy morning and I couldn't see the sunrise. As I was praying, I looked up and saw a small gap in the clouds, with the brilliant colors of the sunrise shining through the otherwise gray sky.

I felt that the Lord told me that though I wouldn't be able to see the beauty/good things He was going to do in and through me during my time in Korea, I could believe that it was happening. Beyond what I could see was His beautiful glory!

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1

So, I googled and chose a sunrise as my avatar :)

Mine is a picture dh took of my and my then 2 year old at Disney's Animal Kingdom. He'd just started wanting to walk the parks instead of riding in a stroller and he kept running ahead of me by about 3 feet and then I'd call him and he'd come running back for me to scoop up. He's now 5.5 and still loves doing things like that.

Mine is a fantasy picture. I liked it because you can see it in two ways. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like the cross surrounded by snow and up above looked like the Aurora Borealis, but the shape of the Aurora is like a face coming down and kissing the cross. The caption says "I believe in You". Jesus saved me when I was in a very dark place and His showing up in my life was like being flooded with light. So for me the image reminds me of my salvation and how I will always believe in Him not just for my salvation, but for all of my life.

The picture on my profile page is of the last guitar that I bought after I had cleaned it up. I'm fixing to change that one soon though because I have a blue electric guitar that I "rescued" from Ebay about 5 or 6 years ago that had been horribly neglected. I've already put in probably about 30 man hours trying to fix it up and restore it to it's former glory and I'm almost done with it now. I just need one more full day to work on it and that should do it. I'm going to change my picture to that one when it's done. It's one of the best guitars that I own. It brings tears to my eyes sometimes because it sounds so good. It was so badly treated and neglected by it's former owner and I'm just so glad that it came to me and I can clean it up and treat it the way it deserves and properly appreciate it. I truly love that guitar. :)

Edited by Ibbygirl

Mine is the badge from the ship I served on in the Navy. I think I put it up for veteran's day and never changed it. The ship is now a home for fish after being sunk for target practice after decomissioning.

Mine is the cat we rescued at just 5 weeks old from our detached garage after his mother abandoned him. We weren't sure at first that he was going to make it, but he proved to be a fighter and thrived. The picture was taken when he was about one year-old. My dh named him Bear.

Mine is my pet cat Sam who was tragically killed by a pitbull on Wednesday the 23rd...

He was beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Mine is the cat we rescued at just 5 weeks old from our detached garage after his mother abandoned him. We weren't sure at first that he was going to make it, but he proved to be a fighter and thrived. The picture was taken when he was about one year-old. My dh named him Bear.

We have an all-black cat, too. His name is Nigel.

My avatar is a Gerber daisy because I like Gerber daisies. And, spring is coming!

Can someone please tell me how to add and eventually change an avatar to my profile? I looked for help on this but couldn't find it.

Thanks. :001_huh:

Sure. You go to your user control panel and on the lefthand side you will see under settings and options "edit avatar". Click on that and where it says Option 1, put the URL of the image that you want to be your avatar. Then just click "save changes" HTH. :)

Mine is a goofy sign:

----------------------------------------

CAUTION

THIS SIGN HAS

SHARP EDGES

DO NOT TOUCH THE EDGES OF THIS SIGN

ALSO, THE BRIDGE IS OUT AHEAD

I just like goofy, weird signage. :lol:

Mine is a goofy sign:

CAUTION

THIS SIGN HAS

SHARP EDGES

DO NOT TOUCH THE EDGES OF THIS SIGN

ALSO, THE BRIDGE IS OUT AHEAD

I just like goofy, weird signage. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That is funny. lol Have you ever seen that website that has all those signs from foreign countries but they are written in English. Oh my gosh, I was reading those and laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

ETA: I called my dd downstairs to find the link for me for you. Here. Enjoy. :D

Edited by Ibbygirl

Mine's from the Animal Kingdom at WDW (from the Maharajah Jungle Trek, to be specific). umm...because I love Disney World, and I figured I should have some sort of avatar. But maybe I should change it now because I have a really cute kitten.

:lol::lol::lol: That is funny. lol Have you ever seen that website that has all those signs from foreign countries but they are written in English. Oh my gosh, I was reading those and laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

ETA: I called my dd downstairs to find the link for me for you. Here. Enjoy. :D

My dd and I read those signs on the link above. Some of them were hysterical. Thanks for sharing!

My dd and I read those signs on the link above. Some of them were hysterical. Thanks for sharing!

hehehehe Ay, I should have warned though that some of them are PG-13. My bad. :blushing: But oh my gosh I laugh so hard at things like that. hehe

My avatar is a picture of my youngest daughter sleeping when she was 15 months old. She wore a brace at night for her feet and would pull it up under her and sleep with her bottom in the air. I love that picture. She is the one I call littlebug so it goes with my user name.