Menu

Thanks to whoever recommended "Curly Girl" a while back

My daughter was exasperated with her frizzy, kinky, super curly hair. It really did look unkempt. I got the book from the library, she learned how to take care of curly hair, and now she loves her hair. She has beautiful ringlets all the way down her back - her friends are jealous.

I have wavy, slightly curly hair which I straighten with a blow dryer. Been wondering if I should give the curly girl technics a try. Has anyone with wavy hair ever tried it?

I have wavy hair, and have tried it.:)

When I follow everything to the letter, my hair does (usually) look pretty nice. I don't always take the time, though. I have found that I definitely need to use shampoo on my scalp; conditioner-only leaves the top of my head too oily.

It seems like I only have time to shower in the evenings, lately, so I can't do the wet-comb, gel, air-dry thing. So, I end up braiding my hair, going to sleep, and brushing it in the morning anyway (though with a wide-bristle brush. ;))

My dd4 also has wavy hair, and if I remember to spray it with water and scrunch, it looks adorable.

Hope there's something useful to you here!

Kelsy

My daughter was exasperated with her frizzy, kinky, super curly hair. It really did look unkempt. I got the book from the library, she learned how to take care of curly hair, and now she loves her hair. She has beautiful ringlets all the way down her back - her friends are jealous.

I have wavy, slightly curly hair which I straighten with a blow dryer. Been wondering if I should give the curly girl technics a try. Has anyone with wavy hair ever tried it?

My DD has what's referred to as "botticelli curls" in the book. I really want her to try the conditioner-only technique, but she's not able to rinse it well enough. It ends up looking greasy. I figure that when she's gets older, she'll be better able to follow the techniques in the book. I'm just curious how old your DD is.

I want my DD to love her hair. It really is beautiful.

My DD has what's referred to as "botticelli curls" in the book. I really want her to try the conditioner-only technique, but she's not able to rinse it well enough. It ends up looking greasy. I figure that when she's gets older, she'll be better able to follow the techniques in the book. I'm just curious how old your DD is.

I want my DD to love her hair. It really is beautiful.

My dd is 12. How old is yours?