Menu

Aaah--new sofa...

Yippee!! It's official. The ugly black futon is moving away w/ its slouchy, lazy eye-rolling attitude, & look who's moving in:

100_4375.jpg

Also, I found a storage bench for the dining table, so I'm going to keep our hs stuff in there, & slide it in and out as nec for seating.

0101030103110104062008041282a029e4beb6258c1f0063e1.jpg

I know they don't match ea other, but they'll be in separate rooms, & the bench will have to have some kind of kid-friendly cover. (There was a neat wooden one at Target, but it was over twice as much & not as pretty.)

My gr-gr-grandmother's pie safe now holds only my cream-colored dishes & a bowl of apples. (No hs stuff, no junk.) I'm making cream-colored Roman shades for the windows & a cream tablecloth. Sofa will be a new soothing green. White bookshelves from kids' room will come to living room & kids will get ugly old brown ones. (Sorry, kids! Hmmm...maybe I should paint them like Freethinker Mom?)

Anyway, we're going to have a peaceful, harmonious color scheme. Right? I shouldn't have tried to get a tan sofa instead? Hurry, tell me now. It's not too late....

No tan! Noooo! Green. Definitely green.

Congrats!

Well, see...I've got a color scheme in mind. The sofa doesn't exactly match. In the link below, if you look at the curtains, they're kind of steel blue, tan, & cream. I've got some of that fabric leftover, & I was sort-of planning to use it for valances. Since I emailed couch-lady, I've been wondering about a tan sofa instead. It would be versatile.

But who could resist the one in the photo? And did I mention it's only $35??? (And that she's a little over an hr away. Eek. But dh said ok.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/aubreylively/DeclutteredHousePics/photo#5078898976049375106

Well, see...I've got a color scheme in mind. The sofa doesn't exactly match. In the link below, if you look at the curtains, they're kind of steel blue, tan, & cream. I've got some of that fabric leftover, & I was sort-of planning to use it for valances. Since I emailed couch-lady, I've been wondering about a tan sofa instead. It would be versatile.

But who could resist the one in the photo? And did I mention it's only $35??? (And that she's a little over an hr away. Eek. But dh said ok.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/aubreylively/DeclutteredHousePics/photo#5078898976049375106

Use it for throw pillows instead. Then find something that ties all those colors together.

You'll figure it out. I'd get it. Tan's too boring.

Use it for throw pillows instead. Then find something that ties all those colors together.

You'll figure it out. I'd get it. Tan's too boring.

Well, ok. If Alphabet Pam says do it, you do it. And ooh. it's a *gorgeous* sofa. Why?? would they lower the price? Why?? would it still be available? And WHY. DO. I. CARE??? I'm just blessed w/ beautiful-cheap-sofa vibes. :D

Well, ok. If Alphabet Pam says do it, you do it. And ooh. it's a *gorgeous* sofa. Why?? would they lower the price? Why?? would it still be available? And WHY. DO. I. CARE??? I'm just blessed w/ beautiful-cheap-sofa vibes. :D

Yeah. It's one of those "Give thanks and shut up" moments.

Not that you should shut up, per se. No. Just... don't fret about it. You know?

Yeah. It's one of those "Give thanks and shut up" moments.

Not that you should shut up, per se. No. Just... don't fret about it. You know?

LOL--I know you can't see me doing cartwheels, but I *am* really excited about the new sofa. And it's cheap enough that if I *do* find one I like better, that's fine. Sometimes I just feel sorry for dh putting up w/ me. And I don't actually change stuff as often as I've implied. This will only be the 3rd sofa I've ever owned, incl bad-attitude futon. And sofa #1 had to go for space, not my disliking.

I do sound fretty, don't I? Just chatty.

Ok, off to watch Lost. (Ooh. I might have to do one more cartwheel. :D)

I do sound fretty, don't I? Just chatty.

Ok, off to watch Lost. (Ooh. I might have to do one more cartwheel. :D)

You don't sound fretty a bit. But your internal monologue that you were sharing sounded like your mind was hopping. :)

I'm very happy for you. Serendipitous finds are a delight to the soul.