Menu

So happy for Colin Firth

I was happy that the film won so well - it was my favorite by far this year. I was surprised that it beat out Inception for Original Screenplay and Social Network/Black Swan for best director, but I think they split the votes and Hooper won. I'd love to see the poll results on those now.

But it's great that he's finally 'peaked' as he said lol

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I'm so madly in love with Colin Firth! I'm overjoyed that my imaginary boyfriend won the Oscar!

No - he is MY imaginary boyfriend! No daydreaming about MY boyfriend!

(imagining now a thread SWB will have to shut down as the fighting escalates over DreamyBoy Firth!!!!) :D

No - he is MY imaginary boyfriend! No daydreaming about MY boyfriend!

(imagining now a thread SWB will have to shut down as the fighting escalates over DreamyBoy Firth!!!!) :D

:lol::lol::lol: I could imagine her coming on as the Overmind and saying authoritatively, "You are all wrong. He's MY boyfriend!" thread locked! hehehehehe

That would be awesome! hehehe Love you SWB! :)

If my husband ever did anything that caused someone to make a movie about him, I'd want Colin Firth to play him even though, Harrison Ford has his build, height, and manner of speech. Of course, there would be the inevitable awkward moments when I giggle like a school girl every time we are on set and Colin speaks!

So, maybe not. Good thing Dh will never be famous.

Faith

Add some Girl with a Pearl Earring for a bit of long-haired dreamy Firth....

Ooo, and What a Girl Wants to watch him dancing around in leather pants!

I think I'll change my lesson plans today to "Film Studies".

And, sorry, y'all, but he's taken as an imaginary boyfriend! You'll all have to step out of my fantasy land.:tongue_smilie:

Clearly, you all have it wrong. He's my imaginary boyfriend.:lol:

I will watch any and all of his movies EXCEPT Mama Mia. I drug my dh to it and it and it almost ruined my love for Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth. It was so sad and my dh made fun of both of them the entire movie. So annoying.

I just saw "The King's Speech" on Friday and walked away thinking that that was one of the best movies and acting I have seen in a very long time.

Not having Television, I had no idea the Grammy's were due to air until I saw a blurb on MSN yesterday. (Yes, I live in a well-sheltered lil hole) I thought to myself how much Colin deserved an Emmy for his performance...but didn't realize he was even nominated until last night. Was SO HAPPY he and the movie itself won!! I really think Geoffrey Rush did an excellent job as well though, kinda wish he would have won too. ;)

Anyhow, I love Firth's acting! I don't personally find him 'dreamy'...so I'll bow out of the boyfriend fight :lol:...but he's definitely one of my fav actors and highly deserving of his award. And, even though I am not one who normally purchases movies with F bombs in them, this one is a keeper and will one day go on my Fav's shelf. :D

Fine, you fight over Firth, that leaves Bale all to me. hahaha, part of my evil plan. Make that Academy Award Winner Christian Bale. :D:D

He was funny when he was referring to Melissa Leo's f-bomb and said he wasn't going to do that because he'd "done that plenty". :smilielol5: :lol::lol: It's good that he can laugh at himself. :)