Menu

This Oscar is sooo boring I'm going to sit in a bubble bath and read Starship Trooper

I am working on a few things right now:

Cooking dinner (7pm here right now): Pork chops, rice, mix veggie w garlic butter. The pork chops take about a hour to simmer so I am filling in the time with other tasks.

Picking up the kitchen, putting the fallout from this weekend away in the rest of the house.

Picking up the toy room, collecting items to to go to resale tomorrow! To many toys left out while I was at work today. LOL

On here, well, I don't really know why...but the computer was on...so I sat down.....gotta go:auto:

As much as I love the movies, and as much as I'm rooting for King's Speech to sweep the awards, I'm bored to death. *sigh* Where's Billy Crystal when we need him?

He showed up less than a minute after I finished telling my children about the good old days when him and Robin Williams hosted. They think I have ESP or something. :001_smile:

again. That is all.

Just wanted to keep you all updated. :D

ETA: By the by, Hollywood really is Death - I'm dying of boredom.

What are you doing instead of watching the Oscars?

We watched another episode from the first season of Enterprise. The Oscars lost me back when Black Hawk Down only won for best sound and editing and had precious few other nominations :confused::confused: Seriously? I watched that movie and had a complete emotional breakdown at the end.

I've decided that the awards best reflect a certain view of the world and movies that don't present that view have now chance, no matter how well crafted, performed and filmed they are.

again. That is all.

Just wanted to keep you all updated. :D

ETA: By the by, Hollywood really is Death - I'm dying of boredom.

What are you doing instead of watching the Oscars?

The Oscars were on last night? :confused: I went to bed at 9:00...

I ditched the TV 2 years ago, rarely see a modern movie anymore, even for rental. Sick of the bilge, sick of the formulaic, complete void of creativity, sick of the ranting, mis-informed, empty-headed political agendas, sick of the open torrent of raw sewage contaminating the rest of our decent and fine culture...hollywood IS death.

<snort> :lol: 'dying of boredom.' Good one!

I pretty much just had it on for background noise while I played Civ III and was on here. I actually thought Anne Hathaway was doing a pretty good job--too bad her co-host was so stilted and hasn't learned to read a teleprompter without looking like that's what he's doing.

Me, too. With Netflix, Amazon Prime now offering lots of stuff, Hulu....I really pick exactly what I want to watch, while folding clean clothes, fixing dinner, etc. Regular TV isn't tempting at all anymore. If I do see something on that is regular TV, when I leave the room, I try to put it on pause, and realize I can't.....stupid.

LBS