Menu

Queen's A Living History of Our World users...

atozmom

Guest aquiverfull

Thanks Cindie and Ann-Marie. Are either of you using it yet? This fall I'll have a 5 and 6 year old. I'm trying to decide whether to use it with them then or hold off another year.

Guest Cindie2dds

I have it and the journal notebooks. It is really lovely. I want my girls to do it together, but my youngest is too young. My oldest is doing her own school while we wait. You really need to be able to write or draw well to utilize the notebooking pages. We put it on the shelf until she improves her handwriting. I'm going to wait until the fall. ;)

Guest aquiverfull

Thanks so much Cindie. It sounds like it may benefit us more if we wait. My girls will be in K and 1st in the fall. I doubt they will be ready for a lot of the writing, so I guess I'll have to hold off. I'm so excited about it, and it's hard to wait! :)

Cindie beat me to it, but :iagree:. I think it would work better if you could wait a bit. But I completely understand where you're coming from wanting to start already. I have a couple of things on my shelves that I can't wait to get to. But there's only so much you can do in a year. I also can't wait until I get to buy the second book in this series, but seeing as we just started volume 1, I think I had better wait. :lol:

Guest aquiverfull

Thanks Ann-Marie! So I take it, you and your family are enjoying it? Are you using it as a spine and adding other books to it or using only the Volume as is?

Hi Kelly. Well, we have only just started (on 3rd chapter today) and I did not get the journal at first. Then decided we really wanted it and now it is on the way. :lol: I am looking forward to getting it. I will be using A Living History of Our World as my spine and adding other living books for topics that I know ds will want to spend more time on. However, I think the book itself is enough and you wouldn't have to do that if you don't want to.

Woohoo - she started a Yahoo group as well! There are only a couple of posts about it, we'll have to spread the word.

Oh, and we need an acronym for the title ladies. Which should we use? ALHOW, LHOW, or something else?

ETA: Although we have only just begun, my son and I are both enjoying it very much!!

Edited by atozmom
added something

Guest aquiverfull

Thanks Ann-Marie and Cindie! I joined the yahoo group. I plan on using this as a spine and adding in other living books.

No idea on the acronym but I definitely agree we need one. I'm fine with whatever y'all want to use, just let me know so I don't have to type it out all the time. :)

Guest aquiverfull
What age is this history for?

We love SOTW and would love to study American history the SOTW way.

Thanks for the info.

It says on the book that it is geared for 5-12 year olds. Hope that helps. :)

I have been looking at this tonight. Can someone tell me if there are many color pics or is it mostly B&W? Also, I saw that Vol 3 is almost ready and she is doing an Ancient one - Vol 4.

I was hoping to find a great American spine for my (then) 3rd grader - in only 1 or 2 years. Wondering if the 3 volumes could be used in 2 years without too much rushing???? :glare:

Guest aquiverfull
I have been looking at this tonight. Can someone tell me if there are many color pics or is it mostly B&W? Also, I saw that Vol 3 is almost ready and she is doing an Ancient one - Vol 4.

I was hoping to find a great American spine for my (then) 3rd grader - in only 1 or 2 years. Wondering if the 3 volumes could be used in 2 years without too much rushing???? :glare:

I think Angela said that the lessons are scheduled to be completed 3 days a week, so if you plan to do 5 days a week you could possibly go through all 3 volumes in a year. If you ask on the yahoo group, you might get a response from Angela (the author).

Edited by aquiverfull

There are 28 chapters in book 1 & 2. I believe the same to be true for volume 3. So I would say that you could do it in 2 years no problem.