Menu

Oh wow...I'm feeling the need to explain a previous post.

Earlier, I posted about my 2 year old's "poo" incident. In the course of describing what happened, I mentioned that dh had just gotten home, and we were doing our usual "debriefing." I meant that whole "gotta get what happened today off my chest" kinda thing. Imagine my surprise when I read a different post which referred to debriefing in a, um, marital-type of context.:ohmy:

So, me being the type who thinks way too much, I felt the need to explain that this was *not* the type of debriefing to which I was referring. Especially since I also mentioned that my oldest dd came downstairs to hang out with us. I'm just hoping I didn't raise some eyebrows there. I had no idea that I was using "debriefing" inappropriately. :leaving:

Lisa

Earlier, I posted about my 2 year old's "poo" incident. In the course of describing what happened, I mentioned that dh had just gotten home, and we were doing our usual "debriefing." I meant that whole "gotta get what happened today off my chest" kinda thing. Imagine my surprise when I read a different post which referred to debriefing in a, um, marital-type of context.:ohmy:

So, me being the type who thinks way too much, I felt the need to explain that this was *not* the type of debriefing to which I was referring.

Lisa

:lol:

Lisa, I have to tell you -- and yeah, I know it's my post you're talking about here -- when I saw your OP I thought, "Oh, so that's what we're calling it now, eh? Usually we just say 'parent/teacher conference' or something." And I thought it was VERY funny, what with the "briefs" and all, but then I saw that you were actually *were* debriefing (verbally) after a long day. So I just chuckled and went on.

But I like the phrase SO much that I stole it.

:leaving:

to have a "slip of the tongue"---to say one thing and mean another! I've done it more often than I care to think.

Relax! Take a load off---and remember---I'm sure most of us here have meant to say one thing and it came out wrong.

Blessings!

Oh my, now you know it wasn't she that slipped -- I did. Only, well, I didn't slip. I just deliberately used the word with a different (unauthorized, lol) meaning and made poor Lisa paranoid.

She really *was* debriefing in the accepted sense. And everyone was, by all accounts, fully clothed.

Lisa, I have to tell you -- and yeah, I know it's my post you're talking about here -- when I saw your OP I thought, "Oh, so that's what we're calling it now, eh? Usually we just say 'parent/teacher conference' or something." And I thought it was VERY funny, what with the "briefs" and all, but then I saw that you were actually *were* debriefing (verbally) after a long day. So I just chuckled and went on.

But I like the phrase SO much that I stole it.

:leaving:

Oh, I'm giving you credit for your creative-genius since you were the one to actually use it in it's "new" context. :D I'm thinking it's a great euphemism. I believe I shall adopt it myself now. I just wanted to be sure everyone was clear that this *particular* debriefing was, in fact, conversation...no briefs involved. :lol:

Lisa

Oh my, now you know it wasn't she that slipped -- I did. Only, well, I didn't slip. I just deliberately used the word with a different (unauthorized, lol) meaning and made poor Lisa paranoid.

She really *was* debriefing in the accepted sense. And everyone was, by all accounts, fully clothed.

Ummmm....paranoid? Did you say paranoid? I'm not....wait...shhhh....hand me that aluminum foil would you please? :D

Seriously, Pam, thanks for giving me such a fabulous new use for the word.

Lisa

I'll admit that *that* was my first thought.

I thought to myself, "You go, girl!" ;-)

:lol: I tried to rep you for this because I literally spit coffee onto my screen! I am all out of rep, but I will catch you tomorrow.

...it's a new WTMism!

BooKs

Bean Dip

..and now deBRIEFING!

Who's writing the novel? :lol:

Wait a minute. :eek::blink: THAT'S what we've been talking about?

I mean, I knew we meant *that,* I just hadn't realized it was quite so...literal. :blink:

Have I mentioned that I'm easily embarrassed? :leaving: :)

My daughter used to say to her little sister, when my dh got home from work, "Give dad some time to decompose." She had heard me tell her that he needs a little time to decompress before the two could jump all over him. I loved it! Who knows what she would have done with debriefing!

My daughter used to say to her little sister, when my dh got home from work, "Give dad some time to decompose." She had heard me tell her that he needs a little time to decompress before the two could jump all over him. I loved it! Who knows what she would have done with debriefing!

I second Doran's motion to adopt the term as a WTMism and accept Pam's gift of cyber-soap (I know there's no way you could part with it IRL, so I'm happy to accept it cyber-ly). I have to admit, I thought of Amy when I asked for the foil. ;)

Lisa