Menu

How do you keep the markers and eraser close to your homemade dry erase board?

rafiki

We LOVE dry erase markers so we have tons. My daughter's desk is right beside the board, so I placed a big drawer on her desk that will hold all our markers and erasers with all colors and widths.

We still store some magnetic markers on the board, and on the tray.

I have an awesome marker/eraser storage solution that keeps them close to the board and accessible to all!

If you click the link here and look at the whiteboard, down in the left bottom corner you'll see it. . .it's one of those plastic "shower" thingies with the suction cups on the back. I got that one at Target for about $3 - $4 and it works perfectly! Sticks to the board, allows for the markers to lay horizontally to keep from drying out and the eraser fits neatly on top. :D

http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2010/01/peek-at-our-school-at-home.html

I have a bar from IKEA that screws into the wall. The cups hook over them so I can carry the cups around with me if we go into another room with a small board. :)

This is a rather old picture and you can barely see it at the bottom of the board.

White board

(And yes I know adverbs describe more than verbs, we were focusing on one part at a time) :lol:

I found (maybe even through Rainbow Resource or a teacher's store) little clips to put around each dry erase marker that allow them magnetically stick to the board (if you have a magnet board).

Also-if you aren't going to frame the board watch when you erase or you will end up with all that residue on your walls. It can be hard to clean off paint.