Menu

Need...erm...female advice re: pregnancy...etc....

I'm 6mos, & I've had a little spotting. I'd guess it's no big deal, but I'd like to double check, because this hasn't been an issue w/ previous pg's & because it reminds me of the loss of the mucous plug. Enough said?

No other problems that I've noticed.

So: a) talk to mw on Fri at reg appt, b) call mw Mon AM, c) emergency; call mw now.

I'm 6mos, & I've had a little spotting. I'd guess it's no big deal, but I'd like to double check, because this hasn't been an issue w/ previous pg's & because it reminds me of the loss of the mucous plug. Enough said?

So: a) talk to mw on Fri at reg appt, b) call mw Mon AM, c) emergency; call mw now.

So... not bright red blood? You and your dh been involved in any... debriefing sessions lately? And you say lots of mucus with the spotting?

I can't say what you should do, but maybe someone who does can use more info.

Is a, the Friday talk with mw, today-Friday, or next week Friday? If it's today, that's what I would do. If it's next Friday, can you call her before Monday, just a quick question...?

Next week Friday. I probably *could*...but unless it's really *that* big of a deal, I'd rather not bother her until Mon. I hate to bother people when I'm in labor, lol, so I'm not that good of a judge of these things.

Next week Friday. I probably *could*...but unless it's really *that* big of a deal, I'd rather not bother her until Mon. I hate to bother people when I'm in labor, lol, so I'm not that good of a judge of these things.
I know what you mean. but if it IS something, you'll be glad you called! And if it ISN'T something, you can have the peace of mind that it's OK!

So... not bright red blood? You and your dh been involved in any... debriefing sessions lately? And you say lots of mucus with the spotting?

I can't say what you should do, but maybe someone who does can use more info.

No debriefing. ;) Or should I say :glare:? LOL

Not bright red. Yep, mucus.

Oh my.:leaving:

Are you continuing to spot? Are you continuing to have lots of mucus?

I also have never spotted before - for anything. So it kinda freaked me out. It was pink and then a few hours later, lots of mucus. It was at the end of the business day, so I figured I would wait until the next day to call.

They were a little upset with me that I didn't come in right away for an ultrasound - the biggest concern was placenta previa.

Dh and I also hadn't been "debriefing" either, LOL, which was a frequently asked question among the nurses and doctors. After a thorough exam and a fetal fibronectin test (which is 99% accurate in determining if you're going to go into preterm labor within 2 weeks from the test) that came back negative, it was decided that somehow my cervix had been jostled. I asked if it was my plug and they said it was possible but not to worry because just like the amniotic fluid which replenishes itself, cervical mucus will also replenish itself.

That was many, many weeks ago and I never did go into labor. Now I'm 2 days shy of 38 weeks and wishing I would see all that mucus and pink spotting now!

So, all that to say, you should get it checked out asap in case of placenta previa. If you are not spotting anymore and there is no more mucus, I would wait and call on Monday - first thing. However, if you spot again or it never stopped, you need to call immediately. But don't be alarmed if everything ends up being OK and the reason for the spotting is never determined.

(((hugs)))

Ok, 4th baby, & I just called my mw outside of reg hrs for the first. time. ever.

It's not continuous, there's no cramping or other problems, so she wants me to call her Mon AM to see about moving my appt up to Mon afternoon, depending on how things are.

And in the meantime? No debriefing. Talking is fine, though. ;)

Call her. Now. If it's nothing, great. If it IS something...you'll be glad you called. She'd want to know. I lost my mucous plug right around 30 wks or so and called right away. It wasn't a biggie, was just told to rest and drink lots of water, not do too much and certainly no umm.."debriefing sessions" until I was closer to term. Excessive bleeding at this stage could mean placenta previa (placenta covering your cervix) and is not something to fool around with. Better safe than sorry, right? Please keep us posted!

Ok, 4th baby, & I just called my mw outside of reg hrs for the first. time. ever.

It's not continuous, there's no cramping or other problems, so she wants me to call her Mon AM to see about moving my appt up to Mon afternoon, depending on how things are.

And in the meantime? No debriefing. Talking is fine, though. ;)

But, you are allowed to debrief to use the facilities, right :001_huh::tongue_smilie:

:lol: I think the debriefing comments are funny!

Aubrey, I hope everything is fine! Take care, and remember to TALK....no debriefing! :)

Dh is going to be *so* disappointed....

Fwiw, I did have placenta previa w/ #2, & apt from hemmoraging (good grief! sp??) after the birth, all was fine. I still barely know what it meant!

Dh is going to be *so* disappointed....

Fwiw, I did have placenta previa w/ #2, & apt from hemmoraging (good grief! sp??) after the birth, all was fine. I still barely know what it meant!

If you've had placenta previa before, you have a significantly higher risk of reoccurrence. Was yours just marginal, or do you know?

I had complete placenta previa with my youngest. It never moved and I had a serious bleed at 32 weeks. Obviously it worked out in the end, but it was very scary. So I'd definitely say rest up as much as you can - and keep us updated! :001_smile:

I would call NOW. Any bleeding after 1st trimester is treated as an emergency.

EDIT: Well, I see that you did! I hope everything turns out okay!