Menu

Info on bed for bad backs and chronic pain.

I talked to my chiropractor and he said that the consensus amoung chiros is that traditional medium firm beds are best. He said that you should not choose a pillow top or a mattress that can not be flipped. If you wanted a softer top while still having the firm support to get a gel or feather mattress topper and/or mattress pad. They can be flipped, turned, refluffed, adjusted and then replaced when needed while preserving your mattress longer and allowing you to costomize to your needs. I added a gel mattress topper and a super fluffy mattress pad to my ten year old mattress and I am already sleeping better and waking up much less sore. I will replace the mattress as soon as I can or when my brother buys me a new one, whichever comes first.

I have always had back problems and would some times wake up stiffer than when I went to bed. We now have a temperpedic (foam) mattress and I love it.:001_wub: I sleep well and I am not stiff in the morning. I was reluctant to spend the money at first but now wish I had bought one years ago.

How long have you had it, if I may ask? I heard people say it's great for a while but they wear out faster. We need to replace ours. We currently have it turned and it's actually a "no-turn" mattress but there was no way I could sleep on it any longer right side up.

I have slept on a new tempurpedic (in someone's guest room) and it was fantastic. If they last, I'd love to get one.

How long have you had it, if I may ask? I heard people say it's great for a while but they wear out faster. We need to replace ours. We currently have it turned and it's actually a "no-turn" mattress but there was no way I could sleep on it any longer right side up.

I have slept on a new tempurpedic (in someone's guest room) and it was fantastic. If they last, I'd love to get one.

We have had it almost two years and I have not noticed any changes in the support. I hope it will last 7 to 10 years (that is about how long regular mattresses have lasted for us) but I am heavier than I used to be :glare:. As long as it lasts a reasonable time I will get another one when we need to replace it. It has made that much an improvement for me.