Menu

Preparing to buy AAS

KristenR

After hearing so many wonderful reviews and experiences about All About Spelling I am determined to make that our home school's next purchase.

How many of you feel the deluxe interactive kit is worth the additional price. Is the only difference the Spelling Review Box, Spelling Tote Bag, and bee stickers? If so I am thinking I can pass on a tote bag and stickers. Is this spelling review box worth it?

If I remember correctly, yes those are the differences. I really like the boxes that AAS puts out because they fit the size of the cards perfectly. If it were me and I was starting over I'd just get the basic kit and buy the box separately. Unless you take things on the road with you a lot, then the tote bag might be nice.

Is the only difference the Spelling Review Box, Spelling Tote Bag, and bee stickers? If so I am thinking I can pass on a tote bag and stickers. Is this spelling review box worth it?

Yes. We went with the basic kit and just purchased an index card box from Walmart and had dd choose a pkg of stickers for the progress chart.

Save your money, it's not necessary. :)

I was just fine with an index card box I got from my local office store. It fits the divider cards that come with each level's Material Packet.

That said, I did get the Spelling Review Box once it was offered, and it fits the actual cards better (but not the dividers that I used to have). I use the plastic dividers that come with the box now. I keep my old Word Cards and paper dividers (that don't fit) in my old index card box.

I could care less about the tote bag and bee stickers.

We just bought this yesterday and I went with the basic kit instead of the deluxe...I already had a larger index card box that was nearly the same size as the review box they sell...and the tote bag and stickers weren't enough incentive for me to spend even more on top of the $60 I just spent to get started.