Menu

UCSMP Advanced Algebra what to buy?

I think I've decided to try UCSMP (Chicago Math) for Advanced Algebra. My son has done TT through Alg 1,2 and Geom. He is not ready for pre-calc. I don't think the TT was rigorous enough to really get him ready. He's only 8th grade so he has plenty of time. After asking a ton of people it seems that many say UCSMP does a better job explaining "why" and Saxon just teaches the method. I do want him to learn the "why". So, one last time...

Has anyone used UCSMP through FST and PDM?

Did you buy the hardcover teacher manual set or the electronic version and what do you recommend?

Does the hardcover teacher manual have any tests/test solutions? Where's a good place to purchase the current version?

Anyone who has done both Saxon and UCSMP Advanced Math - do you have any input as far as what you liked? If you have a strong opinion - please let me know.:tongue_smilie:

I've got to get this figured out now, since he's without any math to do -- he told me to take my time -- I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out:tongue_smilie:

Cathie (mom of 7 now)

Edited by cathiemom6
Add