Menu

Homeschooling with 4 Children...HELP!

My husband I recently found out a happy surprise...I am pregnant with number 4! We "thought" we were done..my youngest just turne 1 this month and I was already having a garage sale next week to finally sell all the baby stuff! Needless to say we are in a bit of shock...but happy as well. :) Honestly though we are overwhelmed by the thought of 4 kids. When this baby is born we will have a 6, 3 and 1 year old. We many times say we can barely handle three...so we're a bit nervous about 4. My husband even said if I thought I needed to stop homeschooling I should...but I feel like this first year of homeschooing my daughter has gone so wonderful and she does not want to go back to public school....so I couldn't do that to her. Please give any adivce/support you can. :) Thanks!!!

I would consider setting you next year goals now, but setting the date for the end of next year. Chip away at a few of those goals on your light days at home or during the summer. When the baby is born in the fall/winter, you could already be done with most of your next school year, allowing you the freedom to take care of baby, without the homeschool stress. You can then pull in extras like logic problems, read alouds, extra science topics and the like to fill your days without feeling like you are missing a core item.

If you work through summer, you can essentially buy yourself a 3mth break in the winter. A lot of families here run on schedules that go against the school district schedule.

If you need to log your days for your school district, just keep a log from the summer and transpose the dates for the school year dates.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! I think you will find that those 2 little boys will be good at helping entertain each other once your 1yo gets just a little bigger. Your older one is just the right age to be a good Mom's helper. Plan on taking a break when the new baby is born.

Mine were a little older when kid#4 was born, but I have not found that 4 kiddos was any more difficult than 3 and it definitely gets easier (less physical labor!) as they get older.

I would consider setting you next year goals now, but setting the date for the end of next year. Chip away at a few of those goals on your light days at home or during the summer. When the baby is born in the fall/winter, you could already be done with most of your next school year, allowing you the freedom to take care of baby, without the homeschool stress. You can then pull in extras like logic problems, read alouds, extra science topics and the like to fill your days without feeling like you are missing a core item.

If you work through summer, you can essentially buy yourself a 3mth break in the winter. A lot of families here run on schedules that go against the school district schedule.

If you need to log your days for your school district, just keep a log from the summer and transpose the dates for the school year dates.

Congratulations!

:iagree:this is good advice.

mine were 6,4, and 2 when i found out #4 was twins! ;)

ten years later, we are still hsing. you can do it!

:grouphug:

:iagree:this is good advice.

mine were 6,4, and 2 when i found out #4 was twins! ;)

ten years later, we are still hsing. you can do it!

:grouphug:

Wow...I had not even thought of the possibility of there being twins this go around. LOL! I haven't been to my first appt. yet. But thank you to everyone for the encouragemnt and advice. The shock still has not worn off and I am still very worried about how I will accomplish it all. But I know with God all things are possible and He is not shocked by any of it. :)