Menu

Rod and Staff math 2

I'm thinking about putting my dd8 and dd7 both in R&S math two. I was wondering if I should just buy one set and have my dd8 copy the problems onto paper to do the work? Or possibly use acetate over the pages and let them work the problems that way? I'm just thinking out loud here. I really don't want to buy, (or have the money) two sets.

IMHO, copying would be a lot of drudgery. I'd go with acetate if you absolutely can't afford the workbooks, but I'd make every effort to get each child their own set. It will make everyone's life MUCH easier if they can work on math at the same time.

IMHO, copying would be a lot of drudgery. I'd go with acetate if you absolutely can't afford the workbooks, but I'd make every effort to get each child their own set. It will make everyone's life MUCH easier if they can work on math at the same time.

I just thought since they have to start copying the problems in third grade why not let my dd8 go ahead and start coping them now. Right now $22 is alot of money for us.

I just thought since they have to start copying the problems in third grade why not let my dd8 go ahead and start coping them now. Right now $22 is alot of money for us.

Well, you know, the dc do not have to copy problems in third grade; they only have to write the answers. So I don't see any reason that your dc couldn't do that now. I'd tear the sheets out of the workbook so they'll be easier to use; then have your dc fold their notebook paper on a line, and hold the paper right under a row of problems and just write the answers. You'll do the same thing with the 3rd grade book (except you don't tear the pages out!).

Well, you know, the dc do not have to copy problems in third grade; they only have to write the answers. So I don't see any reason that your dc couldn't do that now. I'd tear the sheets out of the workbook so they'll be easier to use; then have your dc fold their notebook paper on a line, and hold the paper right under a row of problems and just write the answers. You'll do the same thing with the 3rd grade book (except you don't tear the pages out!).

Sounds easy enough.