Menu

If you remove a friend from FB

If they have a large number of friends they're a lot less likely to notice. If it's someone you talk to periodically though they will probably figure it out eventually. I've "unfriended" a few people in the past but I was so fed up with these people I didn't care if they noticed.

:iagree: People I've unfriended, I didn't care so much. I always have a generic line in the back of my head. Right now I really like FB best for my homeschooling stuff/friends. Everyone else is kind of clutter at this point. I have many other people who banter about dumb things all day that I just turn them off on my feed.

I was concerned about that too when I removed some recently. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings- its just that some people are just annoying :). I worked out that they dont get a notification or anything and they would have to check to realise they had been defriended.

I also learned it because my son likes to defriend me regularly (if I make ANY comment on his wall!) and it usually takes me ages to work out that he has.

I've defriended some people and gotten no scuttlebutt back, so I just assumed they didn't notice. And I've had to totally block two people that were harassing me and causing painful drama that I felt was unnecessary. We've had some issues come up with FB that were very, very hurtful with certain relatives of ours, so I've decided to use it for connecting with a very select group of people. I no longer accept friend requests from just anyone. It feels really good to take total control of FB and use it for what I want, and only that.

BTW, did you realize that you can send and receive personal msgs. from people even if they aren't a FB friend? The only way to stop this is to block unwanted people if they contact you.

Blessings,

Lucinda

BTW, did you realize that you can send and receive personal msgs. from people even if they aren't a FB friend? The only way to stop this is to block unwanted people if they contact you.

Actually, I'm fairly certain you should be able to change this in your privacy settings -- there is an option called "who can message you" or something, and you can set that to just friends. :)

In regards to the original post: I've only noticed that I've been unfriended when someone didn't show up in my feed anymore or when I went to their page and discovered that I was no longer their friend. In most cases it's fairly obvious when you go to the person's page because all of a sudden you no longer see all the things you could see as their friend. But no, Facebook will not send them a notification when you unfriend them. If you block someone, they can no longer find you on Facebook at all. It'll be like you don't exist.

:001_huh:

In Which ThatCyndiGirl Makes Her Entreaty of Salvation

I beg of thee, Oh Queen Of All That Is Seaweed,

That I might find favor with thee, please, dear one, do not remove mine presence from thy Facebook for verily it shall cause unto my heart undo pain and all manner of grieving.

If I hath squandered thine friendship and hast caused thine good graces to crumble do hasten to forgive, oh wondrous one!

For here I sit upon a precipice of pain, grief divine, my heart torn all asunder. If there be any price I may pay, do speak of the deed and it shall be done.

With much sincerity and with fingers atremble I now bid thee adieu,

~ThatCyndiGirl

P.S. Pray thee not tarry with thine answer for swiftly I must remove mine canine from her MuttHutt for her last constitutional of the evening and the answer divine from thine lips would make slumber most likely this eve.

Thank you all. I think I'll just continue sticking with hiding posts from certain individuals on my news feed. That's the safest option.

Quick question: Can others see what's on MY news feed? I don't think so, but just thought to check.

I am told there is an application for mac computers where they can see if someone de-friends them. I de-friended someone once and they were alerted by this program. Facebook itself doesn't let them know...supposedly. :/

Yikes ...

I've "unfriended" a few people in the past but I was so fed up with these people I didn't care if they noticed.

:lol:

In Which ThatCyndiGirl Makes Her Entreaty of Salvation

I beg of thee, Oh Queen Of All That Is Seaweed,

That I might find favor with thee, please, dear one, do not remove mine presence from thy Facebook for verily it shall cause unto my heart undo pain and all manner of grieving.

I must remove mine canine from her MuttHutt for her last constitutional of the evening and the answer divine from thine lips would make slumber most likely this eve.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cyndi, you're making my cheeks hurt again!

Thou needeth not worry. Thou WILL forever be my friend :grouphug:.

No dearest one, it's not you ...

Funny that you mentioned "constitutional" - I often joke about that. The British in me. :D Sorry that I tarried with my response. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cyndi, you're making my cheeks hurt again!

Thou needeth not worry. Thou WILL forever be my friend :grouphug:.

No dearest one, it's not you ...

Funny that you mentioned "constitutional" - I often joke about that. The British in me. :D Sorry that I tarried with my response. :lol:

Tis "all good" as the youth are want to say of late. :001_smile:

Tis "all good" as the youth are want to say of late. :001_smile:

:lol: :grouphug:

If you hide someone, your posts will still appear in his/her News Feed unless you're hidden on that feed. They can also still comment on your wall unless you adjust your settings.

Thanks. :)