Menu

What's the best edible something you have ever had and where did you have it?

The first time I had filet mignon with a pad of butter on top and a baked potato with salt on the skin in Belgium I was 12.

A lobster pasta at a very very expensive local restaurant. First bite is the best.

Chateaubriand for 2 with my DH at the Red Germanium restaurant in New Harmony IN. Sooo good. And the veggies too.

Well those are my top 3.

Food:

-A watermelon

-It was beyond delicious because I had never been so thirsty in my entire life.

-El Salvador on a street corner

-Cost, close to nothing

-You just can't get fruit like that here in the states.

It's not the best meal I've ever had, but it's the best experience I've ever had eating something!

Drink:

-Chai

-delicious because it's fresh and sold in a clay cup, that's tossed out the train/bus window when empty, and turns quickly back to earth.

-India

-Cost, close to nothing

-I make it fresh at home, but I don't use animal milk, so it's not the same.

Aha! I found an explanation: http://chaipilgrimage.com/2008/09/14/the-indian-clay-cup/

My newest favorite is baked mac and brie. It was at a little restaurant in Asheville, NC. (I think it was called The Kitchen Porch.) I have no idea what it cost, but it was the best thing. ever!

I also love the burgers at Poe's on Sullivan's Island. It is a hole-in-the-wall sort of place, but they have incredible burgers. We tried to go a couple of times a year.

Greek food, anything on the menu at Old Town in Charleston, SC.

Pecan pie from a little place in dh's hometown in GA.

Mexican from just about any of the little whole in the wall places in Yuma, AZ. Dh has a favorite for burritos, but I can't remember the name.

I found nothing worth mentioning in MT or ND. I'm sure there are great places in both states, just not anywhere close to were we were.

So far in ME, Portland has a floating restaurant called DiMilio's. The seafood there was pretty good. Some of the best I had since I left the coastal south.

We had some really good Italian at this place, Napoli's, in Caribou, ME last year.

Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena, it's ambrosia

I guess I should have read your op more carefully. I get mine from South Philly at the Italian market, it's around $50 a bottle. It's very syrupy and lasts a long time. Any really good Italian restaurant will serve it on a caprese salad, I hold the evoo because it's not needed with Modena balsamic.

Edited by Karenciavo