Menu

What would you buy at staples?

OK, I know this is a stupid 'problem' to have, but I've been looking on the staples website for 24 hours now and can't make up my mind!

I am going to order the Desk Apprentice that I've seen on some of your blogs, but I have a coupon to use for $25 off $75...so i need to spend another $30 or so. What kinds of things do you go through that you'd order? What am I forgetting about that I will kick myself for as soon as I hit 'order'?

Dry erase markers and related supplies.

Big binders (3-4").

These are larger ticket items, compared to pencils, anyway, and I look for opportunities such as yours to replace them.

Speaking of pencils, if you don't already have a nice electric sharpener, you might consider one.

A good 3-hole punch. Not one of the $20 ones, the $40 and up are worth the money. Trust me.

I don't know if you have a Staples near you, but I paid less for the desk apprentice in the store than the online price. Not sure if it was just at my store that it was priced differently.

A good 3-hole punch. Not one of the $20 ones, the $40 and up are worth the money. Trust me.

I don't know if you have a Staples near you, but I paid less for the desk apprentice in the store than the online price. Not sure if it was just at my store that it was priced differently.

Yes, I noticed this too. I went to my Staples to check out the Desk Apprentice and it was only about $25. Btw, that thing is HUGE!!! I ended up not buying it because I can't imagine where I would put it. I was soooooo tempted though - just kept thinking I'd find a place somewhere - but reality set it and I left it on the shelf.:(

ETA: That's supposed to say reality set in.

Edited by Kathleen in VA

Yes, I noticed this too. I went to my Staples to check out the Desk Apprentice and it was only about $25. Btw, that thing is HUGE!!! I ended up not buying it because I can't imagine where I would put it. I was soooooo tempted though - just kept thinking I'd find a place somewhere - but reality set it and I left it on the shelf.:(

It was $25 at mine too. It's still in the back of my CR-V. I have plans for it, but it includes changing the dining room from scrapbook/craft explosion to school room/craft room. Right now the two dining room tables look like Hobby Lobby, Micheal's and Stampin' Up! threw up.

Back on topic, check in store to see if it's cheaper where you live. Unless you don't have a store near you.

I agree about shopping in the store. Most of the time there is a big difference in the prices. The desk apprentice is definitely $25 in the store. I'm glad I went to go see it in person. First of all that thing is BIG, and I wouldn't have realized how BIG until I actually saw it. And then I ended up saving $10 by buying in the store. I also had a coupon which made it even cheaper.

I love the desk apprentice, by the way. Just know what you are getting into if you order it online, it is bigger than you probably think. :)

I also agree about buying a really nice stapler, pencil sharpener, and 3 hole punch if you don't have them already. I actually love punching holes now that I have a nice punch. Although I am going to start buying some of the paper that is already hole punched...that is genius!! :D

Thank you all for the good ideas!

Frustratingly, the prices for everything I'd added to my cart seem to have increased by about 10% since last night. The desk apprentice is now at $38...it was $35 last night.

We have a staples about an hour and a quarter away. If there's a chance I can get it for $25 than perhaps I should wait until our next trip rather than overpay now, even with the coupon...

Staples is my favorite office store. I go there a few times a month. Each time I go, I splurge on one of their Better Binders. I am addicted to those binders, but they're expensive!

I have two of their Desk Apprentices. Love them.

I love office supplies. People already covered what you should get if you're just stocking up for the first time (high quality 3-hole punch, stapler, etc..). For routine trips, I buy lots of nice paper. I like the feel of good paper and I print a lot.

My daughter and I can't resist new highlighters, Ticonderoga black pencils, Sharpie retractable pens (in black, blue, red)...

I am always in need of paper, and it seems that we go through ink cartridges like crazy any more. Those would be on the top of my list because they would never, never, never go to waste.

BTW, not to highjack here, but I've started recycling my used ink cartridges at our local Staples store and I get rewards for it. I just started doing this within the last three months and I've already received coupons for credit on my next purchase. It's awesome!

Blessings,

Lucinda