Menu

I'm looking to develop a prayer team for the sale of our house - anyone interested?

Showing tonight for us - first one in almost 2 weeks. Of COURSE the house wasn't ready - but with 1.5 hours notice, we're almost done. Just checking in here:

Praise: The Lord moved me to wash my kitchen floor and cabinets today!

Praise: My kids have been terrific getting it ready!

Prayer: That this would be our last showing :)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is our update:

We decided this weekend to put our townhouse up for rent and take it off the market. Dh called our property manager and they came out yesterday to take pictures and see if we needed to do anything. Yesterday afternoon I got a call scheduling a showing by a REA for this morning. Wouldn't it be ironic if we got an offer?! This was our first showing this month. Yikes.

We are okay with renting and perhaps it is the better thing to do financially in the long run (short run - a full price offer would be dandy). So, we are letting our agent know tonight that she can take it off the market on Monday. Perhaps she will call the agent who showed it today and their clients will want it before it rents.

I am trying to keep positive about the whole thing, but I truly did not think this place would not sell quickly.

Showing tonight for us - first one in almost 2 weeks. Of COURSE the house wasn't ready - but with 1.5 hours notice, we're almost done. Just checking in here:

Praise: The Lord moved me to wash my kitchen floor and cabinets today!

Praise: My kids have been terrific getting it ready!

Prayer: That this would be our last showing :)

We have what we need to do what we need *when* we need to do it! :-D Glad for the praises and agreeing with you on the prayer!

Here is our update:

We decided this weekend to put our townhouse up for rent and take it off the market. Dh called our property manager and they came out yesterday to take pictures and see if we needed to do anything. Yesterday afternoon I got a call scheduling a showing by a REA for this morning. Wouldn't it be ironic if we got an offer?! This was our first showing this month. Yikes.

We are okay with renting and perhaps it is the better thing to do financially in the long run (short run - a full price offer would be dandy). So, we are letting our agent know tonight that she can take it off the market on Monday. Perhaps she will call the agent who showed it today and their clients will want it before it rents.

I am trying to keep positive about the whole thing, but I truly did not think this place would not sell quickly.

Thanks for the update, Brigitte. I trust that you guys will have all the direction you need to make *good* decisions regarding your property. By all means, though, have your REA call the agent who showed it!

Now to Him who is able to do immeasureably more than all that we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory forever and ever!

Update on last night's showing:

Just got off the phone with buyer's agent. He said they loved the location, loved the home, loved the property, but really wanted something more updated (we live in a 70's ranch - we've heard this same refrain a LOT).

I did tell him we were flexible on the price and looking to make a deal, as dh is already working out-of-state. He said that may make a difference. I encouraged his buyers to submit an offer and we would see what we could work out.

All in all, it ended on a positive note. We'll see if a contract comes in or not. I'm trying not to get overly excited, but to rest in the Lord and focus on loving my kids!!!!!

I rarely log onto the General Board, but this thread caught my eye and I've found myself following it. I know what it is to need to sell a house, to be separated from a husband waiting; we were there not long ago in a recent move.

We are not in the *have to* sell position right now. However, we feel strongly that we need to sell as we have seriously outgrown our home. God has been so faithful. We have 7 sweet kids and we just need more space. We have been praying hard on our own, but I would like to join with you dear ladies and lift up prayers publicly so that God alone is glorified. If He allows our house to sell, there will be no doubt it was God. If we stay here, then God must want us to continue to minister right here! I'm moved by the mustard seed of faith of each of you and I pray that we see God's hand move mightily in all of these needs.

Many blessings,

Lisa

I rarely log onto the General Board, but this thread caught my eye and I've found myself following it. I know what it is to need to sell a house, to be separated from a husband waiting; we were there not long ago in a recent move.

We are not in the *have to* sell position right now. However, we feel strongly that we need to sell as we have seriously outgrown our home. God has been so faithful. We have 7 sweet kids and we just need more space. We have been praying hard on our own, but I would like to join with you dear ladies and life up prayers publicly so that God alone is glorified. If He allows our house to sell, there will be no doubt it was God. If we stay here, then God must want us to continue to minister right here! I'm moved by the mustard seed of faith of each of you and I pray that we see God's hand move mightily in all of these needs.

Many blessings,

Lisa

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Thanks, Lisa -

I'm out of rep, or I'd be slinging some your way!

I'm moved by the mustard seed of faith of each of you and I pray that we see God's hand move mightily in all of these needs.

Many blessings,

Lisa

That about sums it up, Lisa. I'll be adding your name to the Current WTM homes for sale list (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=409106#poststop)! We wait with anticipation and expectation to see what directives the Lord sends your way!

Update - in the two weeks since our buyer got cold feet we've 1) had a successful open house (see previous post with details on that, 2) had two showings both of which provided strong positive feedback, and 3) received the earnest money from the buyer that got cold feet. :-}

The most recent showing (Friday) was a couple who are VERY interested in the house but the wife cannot get upstairs to see the second floor firsthand due to recent ankle surgery. She hopes to be in a boot in two weeks. Meanwhile, while her dh was upstairs looking, she was fretting to my REA (who showed them the house) that it would be sold before she would be able to see it. That was encouraging, of course. The other showing was a fellow who has yet to put his own house on the market.

Ah, well, all in due (God's) time......meanwhile, the new roof goes on tomorrow.

Update - in the two weeks since our buyer got cold feet we've 1) had a successful open house (see previous post with details on that, 2) had two showings both of which provided strong positive feedback, and 3) received the earnest money from the buyer that got cold feet. :-}

The most recent showing (Friday) was a couple who are VERY interested in the house but the wife cannot get upstairs to see the second floor firsthand due to recent ankle surgery. She hopes to be in a boot in two weeks. Meanwhile, while her dh was upstairs looking, she was fretting to my REA (who showed them the house) that it would be sold before she would be able to see it. That was encouraging, of course. The other showing was a fellow who has yet to put his own house on the market.

Ah, well, all in due (God's) time......meanwhile, the new roof goes on tomorrow.

Thank you for the update Sharon! You and all of the others on the list have been in my thoughts and prayers! I am glad to hear that you are getting lots of interested prospective buyers and will pray that one of them puts in an offer here soon!

:grouphug:

Diane

Our update:

Last week, a single mom with one son looked at our home (it's only 1.5 miles away from her ds's private school). I checked in with her today, and she had driven by and is mulling it over. Plus for her - she hasn't said, "No.", and she's renting, so it could be quick.

Twist: we are seriously considering staying put until the spring, when the market "optimistically" will pick back up. We'll need to decide that in the nearish future - we'd rather decide it ourselves, than have the market decide for us, kwim?

We are blessed that we even have that option. It would be hard, very hard, but possible.

So - I'd love prayers that the Lord would grant wisdom, that He would bring us to a decision soon!

Update on our house - we had two showings yesterday one of which was a family with 3 young children who saw the house with a set of grandparents. They spent a fair amount of time there according to one of our neighbors. Today, our neighbors noticed that a couple with a teenage daughter (without an REA) drove up and proceeded to look in the windows just as the family from yesterday arrived in two vehicles with the grandparents to see it again (no REA this time). At the very least, it has to work in our favor for them to see others' interest. ;-)

YEAH! We had two showings this week too!

The first one was Thursday. The girls and I were TOTALLY caught off guard. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and we had just finished school. I mean closed the books and gotten up from the table when the phone rang. NOTHING was clean and we were out of breath by the time we left the house. luckily, we had 30 min to get out.

Then, yesterday, we're sitting around, watching the Olympics in our lounge around clothes, and the phone rings. We were a little better off, but we had 5 min to get out of the house so the dishes got piled in the sink. I'm not used to doing the dishes right after we eat:D

No feedback on yesterday's showing, but Thursday's has a 4 year old Bankruptcy so our Realtor sent them to a lender to see what they qualify for. You never know, they could have an incredible down payment, or someone willing to co-sign!

YEAH GOD!

Blessings!

Dorinda

Dorinda - It's great you're having showings!

Here's our update:

Dh and I have decided to yes, try try try to sell! It may be that the Lord keeps us here, but we will heartily endeavor to get it sold! (Good to have that decision made)

We had 2 showings on Saturday.

First - woman from WA. She liked our house, and will come see it again the 2nd week of Sept. when her husband is in town. SO, better than nothing.

Second - a family with 8 kids. They really wanted to do a lease purchase, but we're not so sure. It's a long story -they are desparate for somewhere to live, and would move in ASAP. Dh and I are really, really, REALLY leery of an LP. SO - we're hoping their house in Florida sells, so they can just flat out buy it.

That's all! Haven't heard from the woman from 10 or so days ago. I did decide not to call her back.

We'd appreciate prayers that we would have a good contract by the end of September. DH's insane season at work starts Nov. 1, and he can't take more than one day off from Nov-Jan, so moving would be tricky.

Thanks, all!

Heather, fwiw, I felt peace when reading about your decision to continue your efforts to sell your home. As you said, in the event that you're home remains unsold, you'll have given the Lord *every* opportunity to sell it in case *that* is His intent and purpose for you guys! Continuing to stand in the gap.....

Well, this family appears to be *very* interested. Thankfully I have dear neighbors at the old house who have kept me very informed. :-P Two of them called last night to share that the family who began looking at the house over the weekend were there off and on yesterday for a total of 3 times. The last time was for more than an hour when ultimately 4 cars were in the driveway. I think it reasonable to expect that we might hear *something* today?..... :-} (Alltold they have been at the house a total of 6 times in 4 days).

Sharon - is this the right thread to update?

Our update this week:

We're about to begin a minor kitchen update, in an attempt to bring in a contract. We really need a contract by the end of Sept., otherwise it may be Feb/March before we can physically move to be with dh.

If you're inclined, please pray that we would be able to complete the update next week, that the Lord would allow for no surprises, and that the update would have a favorable effect on potential buyers.

We still have the one family "in the background" - they'll come back and see the home in early September, when the husband is in town.

Thanks, all!

This is fine. I may link it to the Current Homes for Sale thread in case there are some who are following that one for more general updates. I will pray that your kitchen update goes smoothly and timely. As for the timing of the contract (Sept or Feb/March), all I know to say to that is what I believe the Lord has been speaking to me about our own home - "in (His) time". Some days it is SO hard to be patient. (Like last weekend when we had a family virtually *live* at our house over the course of 4 days to ultimately not hear one thing from them!) The latter part of this week all I've known to do is pray, "Lord, help me to keep my trust in You."

Blessings, dear friend,

Sharon

Specific prayer needed - I've just learned that one REA agent in our area has *two* parties interested in our home. They each carry the same concern about the house which happens to be the thing that gave our previous buyer cold feet. This is something that is has been addressed and assessed to fulfill house inspection issues on our part and is not a problem as it stands today. Long story short - the brick veneer on our home has some cracking. Some of it is natural settlement. A small portion was due to foundation issues and that has been corrected with a pier. In the south, this is *common* but to the uneducated buyer can seem like a problem. We've had a professional engineer inspect the home and give it a glowing report. My prayer request is that the Lord will enable the right buyer to see past this and understand that there is no problem! Of course, my heart cry is that the right buyer would present themselves for a pre-fall sale of this home. Maybe the right buyer is one of these two interested parties and they just need reassurance that the cracks in the brick are, afterall, not a problem. Please pray.

Specific prayer needed - I've just learned that one REA agent in our area has *two* parties interested in our home. They each carry the same concern about the house which happens to be the thing that gave our previous buyer cold feet. This is something that is has been addressed and assessed to fulfill house inspection issues on our part and is not a problem as it stands today. Long story short - the brick veneer on our home has some cracking. Some of it is natural settlement. A small portion was due to foundation issues and that has been corrected with a pier. In the south, this is *common* but to the uneducated buyer can seem like a problem. We've had a professional engineer inspect the home and give it a glowing report. My prayer request is that the Lord will enable the right buyer to see past this and understand that there is no problem! Of course, my heart cry is that the right buyer would present themselves for a pre-fall sale of this home. Maybe the right buyer is one of these two interested parties and they just need reassurance that the cracks in the brick are, afterall, not a problem. Please pray.

I am praying about this situation. Hopefully, the real estate agent will educate the buyer.

I am keeping you in my prayers as well Sharon, that one of these parties will ask the right questions, receive helpful information on how this issue has been taken care of, and put an offer on your house!

:grouphug:

Diane

Thank you, Mary and Diane. Education. That is the key word here. These buyers need to be educated. Unfortunately, the REA who happens to be representing both of them does not appear to be the sharpest REA in the lot. The first party practically *lived* at the house two weekends ago and then, ultimately, decided the foundation questions were too big for them. Had she simply let our REA know of their interest/concern we could have promptly produced the letter from the professional engineer! Makes me wonder if this gal really wants to sell a house. :confused:

For now, the letter has been produced and hopefully she'll share it with both parties. I've asked my REA to pointblank ask her. More than that, I'm putting confidence in the power of prayer trusting the Lord to enlighten them.

AGain, thank you both for praying!

(Obvious CC) Word of the day:

"We have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all,...and especially of those who believe." I Tim 4:10

I thought I'd share my struggles of the last two weeks and the testimony of the weekend in case someone else might also be encouraged. I confess that I've fought discouragement recently. To recap, in two months of being on the market, we've had 3-4 seriously interested parties with a multiple offer situation culminating in a buyer with cold feet who left $10K earnest money on the table. Through it all, I've been confident that the Lord has the right buyer chosen for our home. I believe He's spoken through various and sundry ways to confirm that (scripture, a Word from my mom to the effect, "There's to be no angst or worry over the sale of this home", etc). From the day the sign went in the yard, I was certain that the Lord indicated I was to no longer put the petition before him for His glory to be revealed and to sell the house to the right buyer, at the right time, for the right price but that I was to begin to thank Him and praise him for that very thing because the work was done.

Well, in the last two weeks and as I watched area REAs drop the ball (IMHO), discouragement set in. By this weekend, I began asking God to speak to my heart because of my struggles. I believe He has. It started with yesterday when I turned my desktop calendar and found the scripture I opened this post with. That is significant because my mom had just recently relayed to me the miraculous story of an acquaintance regarding the sale/purchase of her homes. Miraculous. Of course, my mom, said, "Sharon, if God was so very faithful to this woman, we can expect Him to be equally faithful to you." It is because of this that I believe the Lord used the verse in Timothy to confirm that.

As I was closing my day last night in prayer, truly, I believe the Lord spoke this to my heart: "Sharon, I'm the same today that I was 6 weeks ago when I said there was to be no angst or worry over the sale of this home." :-} Let's just say I was lovingly admonished.

This morning, in church, He reminded me of the early charge to thank Him and praise Him (rather than ask Him) for the sale of the house. (In the last two weeks, I'd resorted to pleading. begging. well, you get the picture).

So, as of tonight, I'm determined to go back to offering up praises and thanksgivings for the sale of my home. No more pleading. The work is done and I'm going to declare it. In faith.

Thanks for allowing me to share. It is my hope that others who are following this thread and who have homes to sell can find comfort and encouragement for their journey as I share the plight(s) of my own for....."We have put our trust in a living God....!"

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest:

We had a 2 showings Sunday, 1 yesterday.

The REA from yesterday's showing called back tonight. Basically, the man looking at the home has been transferred from Atlanta to Birmingham, he saw 6 houses, and far and away liked ours the BEST!

His wife is coming to town Oct. 14, and she'll see it then. (I'm baking cookies, folks! Really, really GOOD cookies!)

The timing is terrific. We have the option to house-sit in our new town from Nov. 1-May. If they give us a contract, we actually have somewhere to go, rent-free.

We'd sure appreciate prayers as we see what the Lord has in store for us. . . . .

UPDATE: We had our first home showing this afternoon. No word yet on how it went, but I am praying that this is the Lord's timing. The house has been on the market since July and we have dropped the price from $199,000-182,500. Dh does not want to drop the price anymore because it is already to the point we will be losing quite a bit to sell....but I would rather lose $$ now and be done with it, than hold out for more and be paying long term.

Here is the latest:

We had a 2 showings Sunday, 1 yesterday.

The REA from yesterday's showing called back tonight. Basically, the man looking at the home has been transferred from Atlanta to Birmingham, he saw 6 houses, and far and away liked ours the BEST!

His wife is coming to town Oct. 14, and she'll see it then. (I'm baking cookies, folks! Really, really GOOD cookies!)

The timing is terrific. We have the option to house-sit in our new town from Nov. 1-May. If they give us a contract, we actually have somewhere to go, rent-free.

We'd sure appreciate prayers as we see what the Lord has in store for us. . . . .

Oct 14 is marked on my calendar, Heather! I'll be praying!

UPDATE: We had our first home showing this afternoon. No word yet on how it went, but I am praying that this is the Lord's timing. The house has been on the market since July and we have dropped the price from $199,000-182,500. Dh does not want to drop the price anymore because it is already to the point we will be losing quite a bit to sell....but I would rather lose $$ now and be done with it, than hold out for more and be paying long term.

Thank you for this update! Praying!

Sharon

Guest kacifl

RE: my adult daughter who was attacked in the parking lot of her condo. THe condo didn't get sold, however it has been rented. She signed with a friend who works for a company that manages rentals in Atlanta. Thus, I'm thanking God for this temporary fix.

I think her fiance and friends were hoping she could get past the events of the attack and possibly move back in. This would have solved many financial problems, but she just couldn't. It was even hard for her to go and move her things out. She had been staying with friends (we're 400 miles south of her). Now she can move into a rental and get on with her life. Kaci

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up for those following:

Unfortunately, the family who was to return this week is all sick. Bah! The REA said they would try to come on a weekend in another week or so.

My dh is going to call their REA and try to get a better feel for their timing, urgency, etc.

In the meantime - we wait!

Thanks for this. Our home had not shown in over 3 weeks until last week when it was shown to a woman relocating from Arizona. She ended up putting a contract on a home for $45K MORE than our asking price. :-P Then, it was shown again yesterday. Those folks took a disclosure packet out of the notebook and had their REA call today to inquire about proof of square footage. For the moment, I'm thankful for someone who is expressing any interest at all past the showing! ;-}