Menu

I'm looking to develop a prayer team for the sale of our house - anyone interested?

Current roster - It is my understanding that we have these board members with a house on the market:

Have I missed anyone?

Ladies, be sure to update us as you are able. Meanwhile, we stand in the gap for one another trusting and believing for God's Kingdom purposes to be established in each real estate need!

Sharon in SC

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

Kari in SC (home for sale in Fla)

Tarheel Heather

Diane in CO (offer on the table)

Brigitte

Battlemaiden (facing renting her home immediately except for a timely sale!)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

Newbie (needs to get her extra home prepped for renting ASAP)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all of the prayer and good vibes! I will be having my happy dance tomorrow if they accept our counter offer :D I am continuing to keep everyone on our prayer list in my thoughts as well! We still have a ways to go (the dreaded inspection, confirmation of his financing...worry that financing won't go through :D) but I really feel God's presence in this situation and pray that this continues to go smoothly!

The funny thing about this one is that there was no second showing, I thought that of course their would be a second showing (and a third showing, 4th etc)

but I guess this person wants to buy a house NOW!

Well...I am Cool with that ;)

I will continue to keep everyone posted as to what is going on....this is the first time we have ever sold a house, so I am on pins and needles!

God Bless

Diane

Sharon,

Thank you for your thoughts :001_smile: The buyer countered our offer with another offer ($2,500 less) we have accepted, and are officially in the process of selling our house :D

I spoke too soon about the second showing...it appears he wants to do another walk through tomorrow, or as it was explained to my agent a "pre-inspection" of the house :glare: It appears that he is a little "nit-picky" (he has already questioned specifics about lot lines on our property :001_huh:)

I am praying that this week goes smoothly! We have our friend who has worked as a handyman/construction person who will be coming to our house to get a few items taken care of that I can't do myself (DH is in Spain, and won't be home till Friday). We are praying that they don't schedule an inspection prior to Thursday, or else we will get dinged on a few items...nothing major, but stuff that inspector would make note of.

Any showings for your place recently?

Please keep me posted!

Diane

Sharon,

we have accepted, and are officially in the process of selling our house :D

Any showings for your place recently?

Please keep me posted!

Diane

:cheers2: I will continue to pray over the proceedings at your place! Meanwhile, we have indication to believe that an offer may be forthcoming on our place. I'll be sure to let you guys know, if indeed, that materializes.

:cheers2: I will continue to pray over the proceedings at your place! Meanwhile, we have indication to believe that an offer may be forthcoming on our place. I'll be sure to let you guys know, if indeed, that materializes.

Thank you! We need all the prayers we can get :001_smile:

You are in my prayers that the offer does indeed materialize and that you are offered what you are asking and that it is a smooth transaction!

That is so cool that you might have an offer so soon after putting your house on the market....YOU ROCK!:D

Sharon, did you counter back with a more reasonable price? Sometimes buyers are just getting a feel for the seller's limits. I hope you get a decent offer soon.

:iagree: Sometimes they are just trying to "get a steal". If you counter, it helps them to know the exact ball park your are looking at. Let us know how it turns out!

Diane

Sharon, did you counter back with a more reasonable price? Sometimes buyers are just getting a feel for the seller's limits. I hope you get a decent offer soon.

We toyed with countering but decided it was more important to us to send the strong message that we're not in this to play games as our time is too valuable. With this understanding, our realtor felt the best way to accomplish that objective would be to respond (through her) to their REA with, "We're just too far apart. Should your client decide he'd like to make an offer more in keeping with what they're asking, they'd be more than happy to take a new offer under consideration." Right now, the gas alone to meet the REA to dicker over a lowball offer is not worth it. :-{

We truck along....

"We're just too far apart. Should your client decide he'd like to make an offer more in keeping with what they're asking, they'd be more than happy to take a new offer under consideration."

Very nicely stated.... a lot better than the $@#* I would have felt like saying ;)

"Keep truckin along" someone will come and offer a reasonable price...it is such a gorgeous house!

Diane

Very nicely stated.... a lot better than the $@#* I would have felt like saying ;)

"Keep truckin along" someone will come and offer a reasonable price...it is such a gorgeous house!

Diane

Well, the saga continues! While my REA was on the phone with the lowball offerer's REA yet again today (he was arguing about the 20 yo roof), her phone beeped an incoming call. It was another REA who indicated that he'd shown the house today and the lady wants to write up an offer sometime tonight if they can swing it before one member of the party leaves town for the holiday (otherwise, it will be a couple of days when everyone finishes celebrating the 4th). "But as for me, I will always have HOPE"!!!! :)

Well, the saga continues! While my REA was on the phone with the lowball offerer's REA yet again today (he was arguing about the 20 yo roof), her phone beeped an incoming call. It was another REA who indicated that he'd shown the house today and the lady wants to write up an offer sometime tonight if they can swing it before one member of the party leaves town for the holiday (otherwise, it will be a couple of days when everyone finishes celebrating the 4th). "But as for me, I will always have HOPE"!!!! :)

Whoo Hoo! That would be wonderful!!!! Keeping you in my prayers this weekend.

Diane

That is good news! I am praying for you to hear very soon! Right now, we are on our way to Florida. We spoke with our tenants about letting us help them find the best way to get financed. They seemed very open to this. I am bring a friend of mine with us to meet them. She is a realtor and is going to try to help them find a credit clean up service and then FHA financing. We are still a long way from getting this done, but for right now at least it is a step towards something.

That is good news! I am praying for you to hear very soon! Right now, we are on our way to Florida. We spoke with our tenants about letting us help them find the best way to get financed. They seemed very open to this. I am bring a friend of mine with us to meet them. She is a realtor and is going to try to help them find a credit clean up service and then FHA financing. We are still a long way from getting this done, but for right now at least it is a step towards something.

I will keep you in my prayers that they will be able to get financed! If this does not work out though, have you thought about other possible alternative? (Continue to rent or see if another buyer could get financing?)

Wishing you well in this process!

diane

Yes, it would. Yes, it would. Nothing came in last night so I assume it will be after the holiday....

I cant stand when Holidays mix with real estate. Never fails. I am praying everything works smoothly. I know how difficult this part is.

Jet

Hi Friends!

We received a phone call that the appraiser is coming tomorrow between 10:00am -11:00am MST. Please send prayers our way that the appraisal comes in at the necessary amount (buyer has VA loan and per agent they can be sticklers).

I believe we will be having the inspection on Tuesday but have not heard exactly what time this will take place.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers during the "the most crucial part of the process".

We are working our fannies off over here today (my mom and I)to make sure that everything continues to "shine". So far I've mowed/edged the lawn, did some retouch paint outside and inside, replaced the light in the oven, trimmed the bushes, and will be putting some new contact paper down on the inside of one of our cabinets. ;) DH comes home from Spain tonight so I will be putting him here to work as well in the next day or two :D

Diane

Hi Friends!

We received a phone call that the appraiser is coming tomorrow between 10:00am -11:00am MST. Please send prayers our way that the appraisal comes in at the necessary amount (buyer has VA loan and per agent they can be sticklers).

I believe we will be having the inspection on Tuesday but have not heard exactly what time this will take place.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers during the "the most crucial part of the process".

We are working our fannies off over here today (my mom and I)to make sure that everything continues to "shine". So far I've mowed/edged the lawn, did some retouch paint outside and inside, replaced the light in the oven, trimmed the bushes, and will be putting some new contact paper down on the inside of one of our cabinets. ;) DH comes home from Spain tonight so I will be putting him here to work as well in the next day or two :D

Diane

We trust that everything is under the fingerprint of God, Diane!

We trust that everything is under the fingerprint of God, Diane!

Thank you! I believe this as well...although its difficult for me to just relax right now and let all of this stuff take place. I feel like I should be doing something ....must be the leftover reaction to getting the house ready for a showing so many times :D

Our appraisal has been officially scheduled for this Wednesday from 12pm-3pm...I believe this is the last official hoop we have to jump through (although I haven't heard anything back re the appraiser...so there may be additional stuff from that we will have to deal with )

I know it is still early the day after a holiday weekend, however I wanted to check-in and see if you have received an offer yet? Please keep us posted!

Keeping you in my prayers that it is a good offer!

Diane

Praying for you both, ladies. I'm calling back yesterday's showing - they spent 1.5 hours here, I"m interested as to what they say -

I hope that is a good sign! They HAD to be doing something in there for an 1.5 hours. Hopefully, they were measuring and planning where to put their furniture.

I called their realtor - she said they're crunching numbers, away on vacation for two days, since they need to do updates, and should bring an offer in a day or two - it most certainly WON'T be for our asking price. . . .

I'm now TOTALLY freaked out about a low offer - but hey! After last week's "let-me-offer-you-90K-less" offer, can it GET worse???

Pray for my PEACE while I wait, ladies - dh is in Chattanooga, which is probably a GOOD thing, since he won't have to put up with me :D

Our appraisal has been officially scheduled for this Wednesday from 12pm-3pm...I believe this is the last official hoop we have to jump through (although I haven't heard anything back re the appraiser...so there may be additional stuff from that we will have to deal with )

I know it is still early the day after a holiday weekend, however I wanted to check-in and see if you have received an offer yet? Please keep us posted!

Keeping you in my prayers that it is a good offer!

Diane

Thank you, Diane for your prayers as you have had mine. I was just thinking of you this evening and trusting this hoop jumping time for you is running smoothly! ;-)

Pray for my PEACE while I wait, ladies - dh is in Chattanooga, which is probably a GOOD thing, since he won't have to put up with me :D

One verse I have stood on constantly through all of this is - "I wait on the *Lord*; in *His* Word do I hope." I pray you are able to rest in His promises, trusting that His Kingdom purposes *are* being established in your life right now!

Fun update. (Diane, thanks for checking in today asking for this!) Remember when I said we would, together, watch the glory of the Lord revealed in the selling of our homes. I am very excited to hear of all the activity going on and believe we're seeing it unfold. (For those ladies who have yet to see increased activity, know that you are not forgotten. I am convinced, as we place our trust in Him, His kingdom purposes *are* being established in *every* set of circumstances!!!!).

Here is my personal update - as of this evening we have reason to believe that it is very possible we have two parties working on writing up an offer.

Party #1 is the folks I mentioned who had seen the house the day before the 4th. They'd hoped to have an offer to present prior to the holiday but the REA was leaving town and they were unable to pull it together. Their REA told our REA today that they called her upset declaring, "We're afraid that house is going to move before we can get our offer in!" Didn't hear anything by this evening, though.....

Party #2 - my neighbor called me this afternoon to say that the house was a happening place to be today. She noticed an REA there with a white haired gentleman and that they were there a good length of time. (We know, through our REA that they were there at least 45 mins or so). The REA showing the house later called ours to say that this gentleman has declared (about the house), "This is the one." He just wants his sister to see it to give him her opinion of it. My REA, at that point, let them know that there is another offer that has been a few days in coming and for him to work up his offer ASAP to get the ball rolling. (Incidentally, after this gentleman left, another lady came by, took a flyer out of the box, and then proceeded to walk around the house peeking in all the windows.....)

Finally, remember the "low ball" fella of last week (offered $40K less than our asking) who, as late as last Thurs had his REA on the phone still trying to convince her that his offer was a reasonable one? Well, he was back out at the house on Saturday!

Tonight my prayer is that Lord's power reigns in the hearts and minds of everyone involved in this journey.....

Thank you for your prayers. As always, you've have mine. We'll be in touch! :-)

Sharon,

I am so excited to hear all of this news. We drove 8 hours from Florida to South Carolina today. Several times throughout my drive, my mind wandered to thinking and praying for all of us trying to sell. I just got in the door, put my little one in bed and came to check in and see if there was news!

I don't have exciting news. We met with our tenants with my friend that is a realtor. The wife tenant seemed very willing to listen and try to do whatever they needed to fix their credit and get a loan. The husband tenant started talking about how my house was going to be 30 years old next year and that was no "young" house. My realtor friend quickly jumped in and stated that the price we are asking is actually a really good price for the area. The tenant went on to say that the last sales price was considerably less. That would be when we bought it 9 years ago. The market went up crazy, then down some and now it is still above what we paid for it. My realtor informed him that what I paid for it had absolutely no meaning to the current market value. After this, my tenant sorta backed off and went into a "I should have bought 7 or 8 years ago" thing. I didn't think any of this was a good sign. I don't know what to tell the guy. I didn't make the prices on houses there. I just happened to buy my house before the prices went up. That is why we chose to sell our house and move to SC - so we could take the equity and buy this house free and clear. If he wants a cheaper house, he is looking in the wrong place. I guess only time will tell what they decide to do. It is going to be a long 7 months till their lease is up, I think.

Aw, Kari. I'm sorry for your discouraging experience. Try not to worry too much about the male tenant's disposition. The fact of the matter is, if your home is priced fairly, all it will take is for him to "shop around" for him to determine that as fact in his mind. It sounds like to me he's just struggling with his own discouragement that he's not in the position he wants to be in terms of home ownership.

Meanwhile, I'll share with you here what I shared with HeatherH on another thread - one verse that has truly *carried* me through all of this is: "I will put my trust in the Lord, in His Word do I hope." Try not to stare at the circumstances but on the Creator of the ends of this earth Who owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He guards you as the apple of His eye and will not forsake your needs, dear friend!

Standing in the gap with you, Sharon

Fun update. (Diane, thanks for checking in today asking for this!) Remember when I said we would, together, watch the glory of the Lord revealed in the selling of our homes. I am very excited to hear of all the activity going on and believe we're seeing it unfold. (For those ladies who have yet to see increased activity, know that you are not forgotten. I am convinced, as we place our trust in Him, His kingdom purposes *are* being established in *every* set of circumstances!!!!).

Here is my personal update - as of this evening we have reason to believe that it is very possible we have two parties working on writing up an offer.

Party #1 is the folks I mentioned who had seen the house the day before the 4th. They'd hoped to have an offer to present prior to the holiday but the REA was leaving town and they were unable to pull it together. Their REA told our REA today that they called her upset declaring, "We're afraid that house is going to move before we can get our offer in!" Didn't hear anything by this evening, though.....

Party #2 - my neighbor called me this afternoon to say that the house was a happening place to be today. She noticed an REA there with a white haired gentleman and that they were there a good length of time. (We know, through our REA that they were there at least 45 mins or so). The REA showing the house later called ours to say that this gentleman has declared (about the house), "This is the one." He just wants his sister to see it to give him her opinion of it. My REA, at that point, let them know that there is another offer that has been a few days in coming and for him to work up his offer ASAP to get the ball rolling. (Incidentally, after this gentleman left, another lady came by, took a flyer out of the box, and then proceeded to walk around the house peeking in all the windows.....)

Finally, remember the "low ball" fella of last week (offered $40K less than our asking) who, as late as last Thurs had his REA on the phone still trying to convince her that his offer was a reasonable one? Well, he was back out at the house on Saturday!

Tonight my prayer is that Lord's power reigns in the hearts and minds of everyone involved in this journey.....

Thank you for your prayers. As always, you've have mine. We'll be in touch! :-)

Sharon,

I am so glad to hear that things are going your way, I think its because you send out such great support.

Thank you for lifting our spirits.

Jet

Sharon in SC

Kari in SC (home for sale in Fla)

Tarheel Heather

Diane in CO (offer on the table)

Brigitte

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

Ours is a townhouse for sale in Asheville, NC. We are facing renting it again, if nothing comes up in the next month or so.

I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Maintaining two houses is a real stressor for families - one none of us needs.

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Tarheel Heather

Brigitte (townhouse in Asheville, NC; needs to sell within the month to avoid renting!)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do two other single women neighbors)

Contracts pending:

Diane in CO (offer on the table, inspection done, awaiting closing)

Sharon in SC (closing date set for 7/25; pray that, best case, roof *and* A/C passes inspection and the rest of the home checks out terrific!)

Updated (see quoted material for latest)

Sharon,

I am so glad to hear that things are going your way, I think its because you send out such great support.

Thank you for lifting our spirits.

Jet

Jet, your post here leaves *me* feeling encouraged! BTW, how are you guys doing with getting your home ready to be rented?

Its not happening yet. My dh had heart tests last wk. and waiting for results before diving in to the cleaning out of the house. We are at the basic throw everything out stage.

We have to get it rented. Fortunately here rentals are in huge demand. It is hard to find nice homes for rent. Than we are having troubles with renters at another house we own.

What makes me mad is I said sell, sell everything two yrs. ago. And we missed the boat. Three houses later we are drowning.

But on a beautiful note. Your cheeriness makes me feel much better and I think we can get it done.

Sorry to be a downer.

Jet

Its not happening yet. My dh had heart tests last wk. and waiting for results before diving in to the cleaning out of the house. We are at the basic throw everything out stage.

We have to get it rented. Fortunately here rentals are in huge demand. It is hard to find nice homes for rent. Than we are having troubles with renters at another house we own.

What makes me mad is I said sell, sell everything two yrs. ago. And we missed the boat. Three houses later we are drowning.

But on a beautiful note. Your cheeriness makes me feel much better and I think we can get it done.

Sorry to be a downer.

Jet

Oh, my, no. Do not apologize. I truly do understand everything from the real estate woes to the health issues. We are, unfortunately, all too familiar with ruling out health problems. That process is never fun - particularly the element of waiting upon test results! :-{

On the issue of needing to get your house ready and being yet unable to do so I can share this - when we bought our new to us home two years ago, we thought we'd be out of the old in a month or so. As the months, and now *years* ticked by all I knew to keep telling myself was that we were doing our very level best and we *had* to trust the rest to the Lord. I view our resources as His and, therefore, He would enable us to be good stewards of it, one way or another. Try not to fret about what you're not yet getting done. Keep swimming. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and rest assured that your steps *are* ordered of the Lord. He is faithful and trustworthy. He will make all of this work for your good!

Many blessings to you this day! Sharon

Well, the first offer (of possibly two) came in last night. While it is $3700 yet away from our absolute bottom price as it stands right now, this party was not aware that they may be facing a multiple offer situation so I will assume this is not their "best" offer. Meanwhile, the second party was at the house last evening (gentleman showing it to his sister). Provided the sister did not totally squash his inspiration on the house and in light of the message our REA left for his last night to the effect we have an offer on the table and if he is serious about making an offer "now is the time with his highest and best", I'm eager to see what develops this morning. :-) Should the gentleman make an offer, my REA would in turn contact the first party to say, we have a multiple offer situation so bring your highest and best.....

In any case, I continue to rejoice in the Lord's Word to me that "the work is done and I'm just to thank Him for it." For now, my prayer is that the Lord would have His way in all of the proceedings. Thanks to all for standing in the gap with me!

"the work is done and I'm just to thank Him for it."

Sharon,

I just had to let you know that this really spoke to me this morning and actually made me tear up!

I really appreciate all of the people on the prayer team and especially you for your words of wisdom and encouragement!

Diane

Thanks, guys, for the encouraging words. We have word that the second offer should come through around noon today. At that point, party #1 will be informed that they are in a multiple offer situation and asked if they want to change any of the conditions of their present offer. I'll keep you posted!

It is my desire that all who choose to be a part of this endeavor be blessed by the joy that comes from the opportunity to participate in a prayer event that I believe will reflect God's power and grace.

Dear, dear prayer partners. I trust that since I am typing this testimony (rather than trying to verbalize it) I can do it without weeping because every time I've tried to voice this to anyone today I've not been able to finish without weeping tears. of. joy!

In short - we have a contract....:party::cheers2::party:

This contract contains immeasureably more than anything that we could have hoped or imagined!

1) A contract at all in a "buyer's market" only 5 weeks from date of listing is remarkable

2) A contract that evolved through a multiple offer situation prompted the "right buyer" to offer his best

3) A desire for a quick closing - JULY 25th (2.5 weeks from now)

4) $10K in earnest $. (I'd say he's earnest, what about you?) :001_smile:

5) He's paying CASH. CASH. What this means for us is that there will be no bank looking to do a loan questioning the price on the house (a price that makes this home sell for more $/sq ft than any home in the history of the neighborhood!). (I feel the need to clarify this - there has been at least one other home to sell for this amount/sq ft but it was vinyl or masonite -we have all brick on a cul de sac-with a pool. Our REA says the pool skews the numbers??? In any case, our home is more than fairly priced....).

6) He's paying cash in the amount of our asking price, to the penny.

(This contract is pending a roof inspection (said roof is 20 years old so this is totally understandable and expected). The only other stipulation in the contract is for a $450 home warranty (particularly for the 20 yo HVAC unit). We were going to do this no matter who bought.)

Ladies, when my REA asked me if I was sitting down and proceeded to tell me the terms of this offer, I couldn't help but weep and praise God. If we had put this home on the market two years ago when we first bought, we'd have hoped for $30K LESS than the price on this home now, at best. As it is, the two years more in our possession has, essentially, provided for the overage of our unexpected upgrades to the new place. That overage is the figure that I've carried in my mind we should try to stay close to while making upgrade decisions. That overage is the very figure over and above what we *planned* to get out of our home that our REA recommended we sell our home at 5 weeks ago when she listed it. That overage is the very thing we signed a contract for today. I serve a living God who is mighty and powerful and I praise him!

My prayer all along is that His glory would be revealed in the sale of this home. My prayer is answered today. My REA told me just yesterday she expected us to settle for around $8K less than asking. I pray she understands and appreciates the magnitude of what she's witnessed, today, and that seeds have been planted in her life! :D

I will adjust our current homes for sale list to reflect that Diane and I have current contracts so we can pray for those to proceed without flaw. For the rest of the homes, we wait with anticipation and expectation to see what else the Lord has up his sleeve!!!!! :hurray::thumbup:

Thank you all for standing in the gap with me!