Menu

The Math Mammoth CDs

Paige

I'm thinking about getting Math Mammoth on the CD instead of the download because I don't have much space on my computer right now. I'm nervous about putting all my eggs on one CD, however. Can you copy the CD? I'd want to be able to make a back up copy right away. It would only be for my own personal use and in case the original gets lost, scratched, corrupted, or something.

Guest RecumbentHeart

I had all these same concerns. The issue of copying the CD aside ...

... MM is slowly being redone. I hear that year 1 was redone with more room for writing, not sure what the changes to the rest of the years are intended to be but I share this just to say that as an owner of the curriculum I was notified of the change to year 1 since my purchase and was able to download the updated version (free of course) but the point is - I haven't touched my CD because I now have an updated Year one in PDF format on my computer and by the time we're into year 2 I'll probably have that as well and still not need my disk.

So my NEW concern is backing up my PDFs onto a disk.

Not an answer for you, But I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Copying CD should be fine, but you might want to ask about updates if you buy a CD instead of a download. For downloads, updates are free. I don't know about the CD version. Maria Miller answers e-mail questions quickly though (seriously, it was less than an hour when I e-mailed her about the first grade update - she was very helpful).

As far as space goes, the grade 1 is around 7MB and the grade 2 is about 19MB. I do my backups on Google Docs, so there is always a copy offsite. They give you something like 2GB free space in Google Docs, I think?