Menu

Can someone please close it already???

I henna'd today

Now I smell like hay.

That is all.

ETA:

Oh,wait, that is not all.

I was gonna PM you on FB, but you are HERE, so.....

What is the best fruit for....ahem.....feeling the earth move?

It's not for a practical joke. My son is a bit stopped up, but I don't want him doing the laxative-spew.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I love bright colors so much. I know Sally's sells the clip in hair extensions that are just like bits of hair in different colors. You just clip them into your own hair and they fit in with your natural hair. :)

Okay I showed dh the photo of the pink/purple haired lady up thread. He says that isn't punk at all and he has worked with many very professional women approximate our age or older with similar styles. He says only old ladies think to only use browns to cover gray these days. Who knew?:D

I'm so not a girlie girl I didnt even own a blow drier until a few years ago. My stylist is still horrified I've never owned a curling iron.

But I'm going to venture into the abyss tomorrow and see about some hair extensions. That sounds fun and no hassle! Just my style.

I'm a hair rebel and have decided to embrace the grey. I tried to do a blond streak a few years ago, didn't work so well. Plus I'm letting it stay long. I want my hair to look like Doran's, when it goes up or out or something like that.

I love my white hair patches. Unfortunately they aren't easily seen. They are mid layer and in clumps or rows of about 20 hairs each in various areas. Roughly a ring around my head along the ear line. Weird.

Okay I showed dh the photo of the pink/purple haired lady up thread. He says that isn't punk at all and he has worked with many very professional women approximate our age or older with similar styles. He says only old ladies think to only use browns to cover gray these days. Who knew?:D

I'm so not a girlie girl I didnt even own a blow drier until a few years ago. My stylist is still horrified I've never owned a curling iron.

But I'm going to venture into the abyss tomorrow and see about some hair extensions. That sounds fun and no hassle! Just my style.

LOL I guess I'm an old lady then. hehehe

I found these hair extensions on Sally's website.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hair-Extensions/SALLY01,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair16

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-extensions/SASSY16,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair16

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-extensions/DESNLT03,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair16

My puny little Sally's doesn't have all of those, but I wonder if that 18" long one would work for me??

Grrrrr. :mad: I just measured the hair at the nape of my neck and it is 27" long. :eek: Do you all think I could still pull of that 18" or would it look too stupid since it's so much shorter than the rest of my hair??

I've always wanted to dye my hair like the eSurance girl -- crazy, flashy pink. But I'm chicken. My haircut is similar, but it isn't anywhere near as cool with just plain brown hair.

That would be awesome! Maybe just get a wig that color and try it out?? That way it's not so permanent and you could still rock it when you want to fly your freak flag. :D I always loved that pink wig that Scarlett Johanssen wore in Lost in Translation when they were singing karaoke. :)

wow! I never thought of extensions. I need to find some myself!

Well, I'd like to cut my hair shorter but dh says no.

:lol:

Just kidding...was wondering if I could get this one stirred up as well.

Okay, you get to come sit at the bar next to me.:D:lol:

Oh my goodness how cute is this picture?? That is pretty much my hair color. I so want to do those pink extensions or maybe the purple or maybe the blue or maybe..... :D

The character Tina on Glee has a similar look wih electric blue that I think looks very elegant and pretty.

I henna'd today

Now I smell like hay.

That is all.

ETA:

Oh,wait, that is not all.

I was gonna PM you on FB, but you are HERE, so.....

What is the best fruit for....ahem.....feeling the earth move?

It's not for a practical joke. My son is a bit stopped up, but I don't want him doing the laxative-spew.

Ummm....prunes? Or apples.

Oh my goodness how cute is this picture?? That is pretty much my hair color. I so want to do those pink extensions or maybe the purple or maybe the blue or maybe..... :D

LOVE!!! That's what I want. My hair is much shorter, curly, and lighter brown (LOL!), but I think I'm going to do it.

Well, I'd like to cut my hair shorter but dh says no.

:lol:

Just kidding...was wondering if I could get this one stirred up as well.

Troublemakers need to stay out of my thread, tyvm! ;)

LOL I guess I'm an old lady then. hehehe

I found these hair extensions on Sally's website.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hair-Extensions/SALLY01,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair16

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-extensions/SASSY16,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair16

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-extensions/DESNLT03,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair16

My puny little Sally's doesn't have all of those, but I wonder if that 18" long one would work for me??

Grrrrr. :mad: I just measured the hair at the nape of my neck and it is 27" long. :eek: Do you all think I could still pull of that 18" or would it look too stupid since it's so much shorter than the rest of my hair??

ok, I *CAN* do those! My hairdresser keeps telling me I'd have to strip sections of my hair and then add the new color, blah, blah, blah, and it just sounds like so much work. But I *can* buy extensions and just cut them to fit in my style somehow.

How cool would it be to color coordinate with your outfit?! Wow! Exciting!!!

LOVE!!! That's what I want. My hair is much shorter, curly, and lighter brown (LOL!), but I think I'm going to do it.

Me too! You've inspired me (yet again) Nakia. :) I'm going try to find extensions though so I can have a myriad of colors and change them out according to my mood. Now if I could just find extensions that are 27" long. hehe :D

do you think purple extensions will make my butt look big?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope they make my butt look big! I have no butt. It's as flat as a board. I hoped and prayed while I was pregnant for some junk in my trunk, but it didn't happen. :tongue_smilie:

I'm thinking apples, then. Prunes are bad.

They are just grown-up raisins. :glare:

I eye them warily, with a look of contempt.

I was lied to when I tried to eat prunes: http://ohmynoodness.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-lied-to-dont-let-this-happen-to.html

I remember that!!! LOL!! One time my husband bought some prunes for his...ahem...problem, and Cora got ahold of them. She was about 2. She would.not.stop.eating.and.crying.for.them. It was awful!! She loved them, but I hated cleaning up the results. :ack2:

do you think purple extensions will make my butt look big?

No. Verticle stripes are slimming.:D

I'm thinking apples, then. Prunes are bad.

They are just grown-up raisins. :glare:

I eye them warily, with a look of contempt.

I was lied to when I tried to eat prunes: http://ohmynoodness.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-lied-to-dont-let-this-happen-to.html

:lol: white grape juice or canned pears in light syrup.

Or an cup of java. Only partly joking there. It works. Better and faster than any fruit juice and possibly with less sugar. Maybe a nice iced mocha to start the day?;)

Ah, the wearing of the green. I like the enthusiasm of this chap.

irishmohawk.jpg

I was just telling dh about the green idea and he said that could work. He'd still want to pinch my bum tho.

Then I showed him this picture and he said, um no. Guess there are limits to my beloved's affection after all.:tongue_smilie: