Menu

Can someone please close it already???

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you are referring to, but I do feel your pain. There is a gremlin in my house, despite having been told numerous times to "keep the bathroom closet door closed because that's where we store the dog and cat food and your animals will gorge themselves to death" still leaves the bathroom closet door open.

I shall bang my head against the door with you.

Faith

My daughter, who is almost 6, would like pink hair. I don't care at all about her hair color, so I said we should go ahead and do it, but that I had to wash her hair and color it for her because of dye-in-the-eyes concerns. She said, "Well, maybe when I'm brave enough to do that, we can color it." You know, 'cause I'm the Attilla the Hun of hair-washing...

Maybe we should just use Kool-Aid? But will it ever come out of the tub?

Anyone know where a "beating the dead horse" smiley is???

I used the phrase "beating a dead horse" the other day and my kids looked at me like I was crazy. My daughter who loves horses said why would anyone do that?:lol:

Sorry, I know that is off topic...and yes I knew what the OP was speaking of as soon as I read it;)

I'm actually due for a cut and color soon. I'm thinking of doing a funky color stripe...like purple or pink. You know, freak flag and all. ;)

I guess I'm too thick to get the joke of what needs to be closed, but as for pink and purple hair. OMG, I LOVE this girl. She has a channel on Youtube. If I had the guts to go full on punk (at my age) I would totally do my hair like hers or at least with some stripes. She's awesome! :)

Cora.jpg

I guess I'm too thick to get the joke of what needs to be closed, but as for pink and purple hair. OMG, I LOVE this girl. She has a channel on Youtube. If I had the guts to go full on punk (at my age) I would totally do my hair like hers or at least with some stripes. She's awesome! :)

Cora.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!! I won't do my whole head, but I think I will do a stripe.

Is 34 too old for fun hair? Now I want to do mine like that...

A year ago, I shaved my head for St. Baldrick's, and I really should have started dying it crazy colors because I could have just shaved it again if I hated it! I mean, I know I could still shave it again, but without a good cause, I'm kind of wimpy...

BEAUTIFUL!! I won't do my whole head, but I think I will do a stripe.

My hair is really long (down to my butt) and I would so love to do either a pink stripe or a purple strip on the underside of my hair, but I have lots of grey roots and have to dye them every 4 weeks or so. I was thinking of getting those clip on strips that you can find at Sally's, but they look so short in comparison to how long my hair actually is. I'd love to do the clips though so I could take them on and off whenever i wished. I just wish I could find ones as long as my hair. :)

And somebody, PLEASE have pity on a thick headed girl... What's the joke with the closing??? :confused:

I don't know what needs closing either, but Ibbygirl, that pic you posted. Well, all I can say is it sure helps to be stunningly beautiful if you want to have hair like that. She's adorable - she'd look great bald, gray, just any hairstyle. Pink and purple are two of my favs, but I have too many wrinkles to pull off anything that young looking.

They're talking about the DH and DS disagree about a haircut post that was up to something like 25 pages. ;)

LOL Figures, I didn't read that thread. hehe If I come on and a new thread is super long already I usually will skip it unless the first post really intrigues me. I just don't get that much time on the computer so I don't want to put all my eggs into one (thread) basket if you will. :) Thanks for letting me in on the joke though. :) I appreciate it.

Edited by Ibbygirl

Is 34 too old for fun hair? Now I want to do mine like that...

A year ago, I shaved my head for St. Baldrick's, and I really should have started dying it crazy colors because I could have just shaved it again if I hated it! I mean, I know I could still shave it again, but without a good cause, I'm kind of wimpy...

Heck no, 34 isn't too old!!! I'm 33. We can so do it!

And those of you who didn't open *that* thread are the smartest people on this board. :lol:

Heck no, 34 isn't too old!!! I'm 33. We can so do it!

And those of you who didn't open *that* thread are the smartest people on this board. :lol:

I think the truly smart ones are those who avoid the religion threads. That's where I get into trouble. :lol::lol:

I don't know what needs closing either, but Ibbygirl, that pic you posted. Well, all I can say is it sure helps to be stunningly beautiful if you want to have hair like that. She's adorable - she'd look great bald, gray, just any hairstyle. Pink and purple are two of my favs, but I have too many wrinkles to pull off anything that young looking.

She is beautiful and down to earth too. I love her. Her skin is so perfect it's almost sickening. lol I have somewhat of a baby face so I don't show my age in my face (as much as I do with my grey roots hehe ) so I could probably pull it off, BUT I serve at my church working with kids so I don't know if a move like that would be "frowned upon" kwim? I would love to do it though. The Cuban in me just goes crazy at the thought of loud or flamboyant colors. :biggrinjester:

Edited by Ibbygirl

She is beautiful and down to earth too. I love her. Her skin is so perfect it's almost sickening. lol I have somewhat of a baby face so I don't show my age in my face (as much as I do with my grey roots hehe ) so I could probably pull it off, BUT I serve at my church working with kids so I don't know if a move like that would be "frowned upon" kwim? I would love to do it though. The Cuban in me just goes crazy at the thought of loud or flamboyant colors. :D :biggrinjester:

Yup. Doesn't really follow the idea of being modest if you use the definition of not calling attention to yourself. Still, I think it's darling.

Cora.jpg

WOW! I'd LOVE to have a couple of streaks like those in my auburn (colored) hair. I'm 48 so I can't go full punk, but BOY is that hair COOL!!! :thumbup1:

Yup. Doesn't really follow the idea of being modest if you use the definition of not calling attention to yourself. Still, I think it's darling.

Me too. I always was kind of a punk girl at heart in my teens. :) I used to wear really crazy makeup and black nail polish and all that, but my mom would never let me dye my hair though. I guess it's kind of unfinished business for me. :D hehe

WOW! I'd LOVE to have a couple of streaks like those in my auburn (colored) hair. I'm 48 so I can't go full punk, but BOY is that hair COOL!!! :thumbup1:

Oh! How pretty and colorful. I love color. Especially purple. I have mousey brown hair tho and I don't think it would come out that vibrant?

I don't think it looks punk at all! I think its just simply lovely!

My hair is really long (down to my butt) and I would so love to do either a pink stripe or a purple strip on the underside of my hair, but I have lots of grey roots and have to dye them every 4 weeks or so. I was thinking of getting those clip on strips that you can find at Sally's, but they look so short in comparison to how long my hair actually is. I'd love to do the clips though so I could take them on and off whenever i wished. I just wish I could find ones as long as my hair. :)

And somebody, PLEASE have pity on a thick headed girl... What's the joke with the closing??? :confused:

I always, always wanted a mohawk and I'd love to have it colored like that girl in the picture. DH would :confused:

I've been going gray since I was nineteen. I wish I didn't have to go through the salt and pepper phase of gray - my mother and grandmother have the most beautiful white hair....

That would be pretty. :) Okay, I'm seriously going to start Googling for some of those hair extensions that you can clip on. Maybe if I can't find one in pink or purple (or electric blue :D ) that are long enough for my hair, maybe I'll find blonde ones I can dye myself.

I came in late and moved on at page 10. :auto:

I think I'll got get some purple tips in my hair again... Or maybe electric blue since the newest baby is going to be a boy... I have some nail polish that would match either...

Awesome! Go for it! I would be all over that blue too! :)

Oh! How pretty and colorful. I love color. Especially purple. I have mousey brown hair tho and I don't think it would come out that vibrant?

I don't think it looks punk at all! I think its just simply lovely!

Me too. I love bright colors so much. I know Sally's sells the clip in hair extensions that are just like bits of hair in different colors. You just clip them into your own hair and they fit in with your natural hair. :)

I always, always wanted a mohawk and I'd love to have it colored like that girl in the picture. DH would :confused:

I've been going gray since I was nineteen. I wish I didn't have to go through the salt and pepper phase of gray - my mother and grandmother have the most beautiful white hair....

:D My dh would freak too. Especially a mohawk with hair as long as mine. I'd look like that Uruk Hai from LOTR. lol

I'm waiting to get past the salt and pepper stage too. My hair is naturally dark brown (almost black) and so the greys really show up. I dye them, but I really look forward to when my hair is all grey and I can just go like that. :) Now THAT with a purple or pink stripe would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! :D

I actually died my hair 2 years ago. It was midnight blue with lighter streaks.

It was really pretty. Shocked a ton of people because I am pretty conservative. If it didn't fade so fast, I would do it again. Just no time for the upkeep right now.

OOOOH pics pics!! I'll bet it was amazing!