Menu
Jump to content
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

mackenziefoust

Another Classical Conversations Question

Recommended Posts

I tutor Essentials, not Foundations, and so the amount is probably different, and plus the amount may vary according to the campus, number of kids in class, etc. But already my tutoring has paid for my two kids' tuition.

 

Nursery varies by campus -- you will have to ask about this. Our campus has a nursery fee, while others rotate moms or find volunteers.

 

The tutoring also isn't a discount, per se. You pay for your kids to be in CC, and then you are paid separately each month for tutoring (at least this is how my director works it). If someone subs for you, that sub gets the tutoring $$ for the day. You should receive a 1099 for taxes if you earn a certain amount per year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The tutoring also isn't a discount, per se. You pay for your kids to be in CC, and then you are paid separately each month for tutoring (at least this is how my director works it). If someone subs for you, that sub gets the tutoring $$ for the day. You should receive a 1099 for taxes if you earn a certain amount per year.

 

Yes, this is how it is set up. It isn't up to the Director; CC is very specific about the way it is to be done. The amount a tutor is paid will depend on how many students you have and what class it is (Foundations, Essentials, etc.) You are an independent contractor and file a Schedule C for your earnings. You will need to speak to the Director to find out amounts and if there are spots available to tutor.

 

The fees are the same at every campus, except that the facility fee may vary. Here is the page of fee information for Foundations at the CC site for the coming year. It is $412 per child plus the facility fee (which may be per child or per family and is generally $35-50.)

 

The nursery varies. Some campuses have moms rotate and some charge and hire someone. There is no set CC price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked the current tutor for 4-5 year-olds at our CC campus. She told me that tutoring for the Foundations earns enough to cover tuition for almost 3 children (in Foundations). She didn't give me a specific number b/c I was curious how much money I could save by tutoring.

 

Sorry it doesn't answer your question specifically.

 

HTH!

 

Monica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does help! I am going to be tutoring in Foundations in the fall and I'm trying to find out how much money I will be making without exactly asking "uh how much am I getting paid?'' I know I will find out eventually I'm just trying to plan. My mom will probably front the $ for the tuition and then I'll pay her back.

 

Most likely I'll have 8 kids in my class so I'm thinking I'll get paid $1,000 per kid, per month right? ;)

Edited by mackenziefoust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That does help! I am going to be tutoring in Foundations in the fall and I'm trying to find out how much money I will be making without exactly asking "uh how much am I getting paid?'' I know I will find out eventually I'm just trying to plan. My mom will probably front the $ for the tuition and then I'll pay her back.

 

Most likely I'll have 8 kids in my class so I'm thinking I'll get paid $1,000 per kid, per month right? ;)

 

Go ahead and ask the Director now. It's just like any other job, and you should get all the necessary information up front. :001_smile: Once you are signing on to tutor, exact numbers (as much as enrollment rates allow) should be discussed with the Director. When I was a Director, I didn't think anything bad about Tutors asking for numbers. :001_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That does help! I am going to be tutoring in Foundations in the fall and I'm trying to find out how much money I will be making without exactly asking "uh how much am I getting paid?'' I know I will find out eventually I'm just trying to plan. My mom will probably front the $ for the tuition and then I'll pay her back.

 

Most likely I'll have 8 kids in my class so I'm thinking I'll get paid $1,000 per kid, per month right? ;)

 

$1000 per kid per month!? That would be $8000 per month!!! Yes, I think you may be sorely disappointed because I can't imagine it being that high. But if it is...sign me up! I'll tutor!!!:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing the wink says you are joking about your possible salary. I'm a foundations tutor and it's not anything like that. My payment for the year pays for my 2 kids in Foundations and 1 in childcare with a little extra. It's helpful for me to tutor so that I can pay for my kids to go since we are a one income family but I also LOVE doing it. I hope you find that it is a blessing to you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Totally joking! I'm not doing it for the payment. I'm really excited about learning along with the kids as I teach. I just wanted to get an idea because there is no way we could afford it if I wasn't able to tutor, but I think my parents and grandparents would chip in because they are so supportive!

Thanks for your input! Mackenzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does help! I am going to be tutoring in Foundations in the fall and I'm trying to find out how much money I will be making without exactly asking "uh how much am I getting paid?'' I know I will find out eventually I'm just trying to plan. My mom will probably front the $ for the tuition and then I'll pay her back.

 

Most likely I'll have 8 kids in my class so I'm thinking I'll get paid $1,000 per kid, per month right? ;)

 

I tutor Foundations. Each campus is set up the same, so this should apply for everyone's campus.  I know this thread is very old, but I wanted to throw the information out there for anyone else searching for answers too. Your tutor paycheck is dependent on the number of children at your campus, not in your classroom.  All the tutors at the campus receive the same monthly paycheck.

 

Each child signed up for CC pays tuition which is then divided between the campus director and the tutors. The director receives 40% of the total tuition collected, and the tutors at the campus split the remaining 60% equally between them. So if you had 10 students at your campus and two tutors, then your math would look something like this:

 

$325 x 10 students = $3,250

 

$3,250 x 60% = $1,950 / 2 tutors = $975 for the full year (6 payments total) or $162.50/month ... which as it happens is the monthly amount of tuition to have three students enrolled in CC :) So as long as your campus average of students:tutor was 5:1, then you could have three of your own children enrolled and break even.

 

The director at this campus would earn 40% of $3,250 = $1,300 total or $216.67/month for six months.

 

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tutor Foundations. Each campus is set up the same, so this should apply for everyone's campus.  I know this thread is very old, but I wanted to throw the information out there for anyone else searching for answers too. Your tutor paycheck is dependent on the number of children at your campus, not in your classroom.  All the tutors at the campus receive the same monthly paycheck.

 

Each child signed up for CC pays tuition which is then divided between the campus director and the tutors. The director receives 40% of the total tuition collected, and the tutors at the campus split the remaining 60% equally between them. So if you had 10 students at your campus and two tutors, then your math would look something like this:

 

$325 x 10 students = $3,250

 

$3,250 x 60% = $1,950 / 2 tutors = $975 for the full year (6 payments total) or $162.50/month ... which as it happens is the monthly amount of tuition to have three students enrolled in CC :) So as long as your campus average of students:tutor was 5:1, then you could have three of your own children enrolled and break even.

 

The director at this campus would earn 40% of $3,250 = $1,300 total or $216.67/month for six months.

 

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the update. Checking on this info today and it was good to read your post even though now it's also become old news. Any updates anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Share
Tweet
Pin
×