Menu

Oh the peer pressure of blogging!!!

I started mine for my parents & some other relatives, and also to have some sort of a journal of our lives, but it has turned out to be something that I really enjoy, and I have made some wonderful internet friends through it. (Well, to be completely honest, I started my first blog accidentally, when I was trying to comment on Parisarah's blog. But I've enjoyed it ever since, and my parents, aunts, etc. often tell me how much they love it.)

There are some wonderfully creative blogs (well, bloggers!) out there, but mine isn't one of them. It doesn't need to be to please the people who know you irl and who will enjoy the photos of your family. And maybe once you get going with it, you will find that you are more creative than you knew!

My blog is my creative outlet. I certainly don't blog every day, but I really enjoy it when I do.

My blog has a theme--creativity--which gives me a track to run on. Since I've spent most of my life in some sort of creative career or endeavor I also feel as if I have a few things to share. The fun comes from having a few regular readers/commenters and visiting their blogs as well. Plus, I get to share my photography fun and sharpen my writing.

It does take time. But then, so does therapy. Blogging is cheaper. :D

My friend started a lovely blog. I thought, if she can do it, I can. :) I clicked on the 'create a blog' link on her blog (with blogger). It was soooo simple to create. It runs you through all the steps. Then I just started trying out stuff. I didn't know how often I would blog, or what exactly I would blog about, but it just evolved into what I needed it to be.

I really love to scrapbook, but it is hard for me to get out all my stuff. I have no place in my life for that mess right now. :) Blogging fulfills that need to journal and visually document what my life is about. It doesn't matter to me particularly who else appreciates it. That said, I've met incredible people in 'blog land' LOL. My grandparents live out of state. They eagerly check out my blog daily to connect with me and my family. Other family and friends have said that they love to feel connected with us in that way as well.

I say Go For It! It doesn't matter how often you blog. It is worth experimenting with.