Menu

What's for supper?

I'm going to try to talk DH into going into town for a Chinese buffet using the excuse, "But it's in our week plan for TOG!!" (Which it actually is... have I mentioned how much I LOVE TOG?? :D)

If that plan fails, I anticipate Stouffer's mac and cheese and frozen veggies.

Sorry, I know I"m not much help.

saute some onion, brown the burger in it. Fix rice and mix with burger. Add the veggie on the side and use some butter or soy sauce... voila! Dinner!

We'll do something like this I think. I cooked up the hamburger and layered it with onions, rice and cabbage in a casserole. I'll cook the frozen veggies to go on the side.

There's a can of pumpkin in the cabinet, and I found this recipe to try for dessert. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mombasa-Pumpkin-Dessert/Detail.aspx

I'm going to try to talk DH into going into town for a Chinese buffet using the excuse, "But it's in our week plan for TOG!!" (Which it actually is... have I mentioned how much I LOVE TOG?? :D)

If that plan fails, I anticipate Stouffer's mac and cheese and frozen veggies.

Sorry, I know I"m not much help.

LOL I wish I could get away with that. :D

There's hamburger, rice, some onion, frozen veggies-- but I can't think of any combination of those that sound good.

If you've got canned diced tomatoes and tomato sauce you could make what we call Rice Casserole. You brown the hambrger and saute the onion together, then cook it all together in a big skillet with the tomatoes, rice and water. We season it with taco seasoning, and eat it with tortilla chips, or wraped in flour tortillas with cheese. I like adding corn in it too. Also good wrapped in the tortillas with lettuce and ranch dressing (dh doesn't like that variation, but the dc do.)

With that list, I would make what my husband calls "worchestershire delivery."

Brown beef with onions. Add 1 1/2 cup rice and 3 cups water, and some spices and/or bullion cubes. Boil, then cover and let simmer for an hour. I usually add chopped raw green peppers or zucchini, or about 20 to 25 minutes before it is done, add some frozen veggies.

We are having:

Kids, tacos. Husband, taco salad. Me (food allergies), buffalo and sweet potatoes with plums. We do a lot of dishes, unfortunately. Luckily, the kids put away dishes when asked and my husband loads the dishwasher often. If fact, he claims I do it wrong. I do not argue or attempt to learn how to do it right, I just agree that he is the greatest dishwasher loader ever. :lol:

Sorry! I'm roasting carrot sticks and yellow fingerling potato sticks and nestling a couple of thick, center-cup chops in amongst them at the end. I've already seared them. I'm serving this with a German mustard sauce made by adding maple syrup and a little olive oil to the mustard....

With what you have, I might fry the onions in a pan and form hamburger steak patties to fry in the onions. I'd save the drippings in the pan and make a gravy to go over the rice and serve a side of veggies with it....

I have a chicken curry (with romanesco, carrots, onion and garlic) bubbling in the crockpot. We're having it over red rice.

You could make a curry with your ingredients, if you have curry powder, or spices like coriander, turmeric & the like. Cook up the onion with some spices, add the ground beef, then finally, add the frozen veggies (thawed). Serve it all over rice, or with bread to sop up the juices. Yum, yum.

Well, it's our anniversary, and I didn't really plan anything just in case DH suddenly decided we should go out..... I am not much of a realist, obviously. :D So it will be baked fish (not even sure which types I have in the freezer), mac and cheese, and broccoli.

Happy anniversary!

We had beef stew (beef, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and parsnips) and bread; I could have added a green vegetable but didn't feel like it. :)

And yum, waffles with strawberry sauce and bacon!

I'm late here, but if you have potatoes, you could do cottage/shepherd's pie.

I made chicken quiona (used instead of rice or noodles) soup w/bread.

I don't know what to make. There's hamburger, rice, some onion, frozen veggies-- but I can't think of any combination of those that sound good. Actually, nothing sounds good, and I hate to have to cook when I'm in this kind of mood.

Inspire me. What are you having tonight?

We're having split pea soup. 2 lbs. peas (probably), leftover ham, some carrots, bell pepper, celery (aka the veggies in the fridge that needed cooking/eating ASAP)...not sure what all because DH actually threw it in the crock pot this morning. It smells really good, though.

Given the makings you describe, I'd probably make a casserole. We make a lot of "random leftovers" casseroles around here.

I'm trying out a recipe from "Make It Now..Bake it Later". It's a mix of baked beans, ground beef, bacon, tomatoes and it's titled "Teen Mix".. maybe because teenagers will eat anything mixed together? :001_huh:

Favorite dinner-in-30-mins in my household is spaghetti with meat sauce though - 1 lb of ground beef, fried with onions, add some tomato, simmer and finally season with oregano and fish sauce. The fish sauce makes it sound weird, but we rarely have leftovers. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by leeyeewah