Menu

8.2 yr old boy SOTW 2 Ch. 31 narration

JadeOrchidSong

This is what ds 8.2 did yesterday and today with very little help from me. He wrote the whole thing and I am just typing it out here for your to see.

Christopher Columbus got help by the king and queen of Spain. They gave him a crew of 90 men and three ships called the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Christopher Columbus sailed on the Santa Maria. He controled all the ship from there. His plan was to sail west and reach India. But he actually (I helped with spelling) reached North America.

Amerigo Vespucci (I helped with spelling) found out that Christpher Columbus had discovered some thing new, a whole new world later called America. Ferdinand Magellan later sailed west to get to teh east. He went almost to the tip of south America, but he found a river that cut through, it was called the Straits of Magellan. He go to the Mariana islands and the Philippines. But he was killed before reaching India. His ship though was the first one to sail all around the world.

He did a very good job telling about the two explorers!

Just a couple of comments -

Instead of the word "by" in your first sentence, it would be better to use the word "from".

"Ship" in the 4th sentence should be plural because there were 3 ships.

In the 4th sentence on Amerigo Vespucci, the word "go" should be "went".

(There are a couple of spelling errors but I think they might have been typos when you were typing it here.)

He did a very good job telling about the two explorers!

Just a couple of comments -

Instead of the word "by" in your first sentence, it would be better to use the word "from".

"Ship" in the 4th sentence should be plural because there were 3 ships.

In the 4th sentence on Amerigo Vespucci, the word "go" should be "went".

(There are a couple of spelling errors but I think they might have been typos when you were typing it here.)

Thanks, Jean! It was nice to have someone look so closely at it. English is a foreign language to me, so I may make mistakes without even realizing it.

I checked his notebook and found that I mistyped the "go" in the 4th sentence. He wrote "got" and it made sense now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Except my typo of "go", everything else was his original words, so he did make spelling mistakes.