Menu

GPB Chemistry and Physics videos

I have watched a few of the chemistry and I am considering using the chemistry ones this next year. Other than watching each video and writing down the supplies for each lab, is there a list of supplies anywhere? Or are you just supposed to watch the students do the labs and you aren't supposed to do them yourselves, and do other labs on your own?

Amy, In the Teacher/Student Resource CD, each unit has a Lesson Plan. The lesson plan lists all the materials required.

For the first lab in Episode one, it lists this:(though of course you wouldn't need a Petri dish to hold a candle at home.)

pair of goggles, candle,

something to hold candle

such as a Petri dish, ruler,

and match for each student

For the next lab, it says:

• “Lab: Scientific Method—

Teacher’s Notes†(page

1.6a) which includes a list

of the lab equipment that

will be used in the lab

When we did Physics, we did the lab if we had the materials...Since we did not do so well with all the labs (writing them up) I did not count it as a science with lab and I made sure that he is doing labs this year for AP Physics for which we got a LabPaq kit. If we would have had the kit last year, we could have done some of the more interesting ones with lenses for example.

I don't know all that is required for the chem labs though.

Joan

You just cannot get them completely free. You have to buy at least one DVD ($29.95).

See this post.

You could email and call as TM did to check if the policy is still the same, since that was last May. You might have to leave a message. You might want to also ask if they are planning on keeping the episodes free online in your email.

Their policy is not explained on the site. When I first went on, you could buy the Teacher's CD directly. Then after buying the Physics set (because it went offline and I'd already started), I emailed them because the one DVD did not work. One of the teachers emailed me back and told me that she would send me the Teacher's CD for free since I had bought the DVD's. So it seems that it is a policy decision they have made, but don't make public which is quite strange. Maybe if you are the teaching circles, they spread the word (as we're doing).

Thinking about it, it's probably to avoid cheating by students.

I'll say too that they seemed to be working on their site when it went offline. So maybe it was due to that.

Joan

• 2 months later...

I did in October. I bought a Physics CD from Amazon and then emailed them and also left a voice message. I told them I purchased a CD and gave them the order number and asked for the teacher's Resource CD to be sent to me. I received it in 3 weeks, I think.

I did order these. I emailed before hand and was told just to forward the email confirmation from amazon. It does take a couple of days to get a reply.

I actually got the teacher cd before I got the cd from amazon. It was about 2-3 weeks.

• 2 years later...

I did order these. I emailed before hand and was told just to forward the email confirmation from amazon. It does take a couple of days to get a reply.

I actually got the teacher cd before I got the cd from amazon. It was about 2-3 weeks.

Hello! I have emailed GPB and requested a Teacher Resource CD as I plan to use GPB Physics with Conceptual Physics for my dx next year. However, I have not heard back from them. I have called them three times as well and left messages for them to call me. How can I find this CD? I really would like to use this program with my son this coming 2014/2015 year. Please help!

Maybe the person responsible for handling such requests took some leave time and the email requests aren't being forwarded to anyone else.  I remember it taking quite a while before I heard back about it.  You don't need it right away, so try to be patient.