Menu

Lively Latin or Latin for Children?

MollyAnn

I went through the same decision making process between these two about this time last year and decided to go with Latin for Children A. We've been very happy with. I also had no experience with foreign language and was kind of scared of Latin to tell the truth. The DVD's walk you through it easily and they're a lot of fun for the kids too. We'll be moving on to Latin for Children B next year.

We have used both. LFC is easier for us to use and the kids enjoy it a lot more than they every did LL. I found the history in LL repetitive (for us) and having the DVD's for LFC makes the whole experience more enjoyable. Both are good solid programs. I have used many programs and keep coming back to LFC.

I will be the lone voice of dissension . . . we LOVE Lively Latin here. : ) We have opted to NOT do the history lessons as they are redundant for us, but it has not effected our Latin study in the least. My son loves the web video lessons, I like that the Magistra teaches him (!), and we both enjoy the lessons themselves. We do not have experience with LfC, so can't speak to that, but we did do some of the Greek for Children and I found that it was much more teacher intensive than I cared for since I know NOTHING about Greek! LL is teaching ME right along with my son - it has been fun and educational, too. HTH!

I will be the lone voice of dissension . . . we LOVE Lively Latin here. : ) We have opted to NOT do the history lessons as they are redundant for us, but it has not effected our Latin study in the least. My son loves the web video lessons, I like that the Magistra teaches him (!), and we both enjoy the lessons themselves. We do not have experience with LfC, so can't speak to that, but we did do some of the Greek for Children and I found that it was much more teacher intensive than I cared for since I know NOTHING about Greek! LL is teaching ME right along with my son - it has been fun and educational, too. HTH!

Ditto, we love it too; but we do the history. We love history here!