Menu

Do I need K12 HO Student pages/TM?

Well need is a strong word. :001_smile: Actually, have you search the logic stage board for K12HO? I think I answered this question not long ago. I'm pretty sure I included questions from K12HO student pages. Take a look and if you can't find it, I'll write up more here.

There are maps to go along w/ the history similar to how maps are used in SOTW. A lot of the student pages are telling you to do something online so a good portion of it is useless if you're not signed up for the course. It does have a bit of info on outlining and directing DC how to outline and then outline from it but it's more of a crash course rather than systematic instruction. There is also a crash course in essays toward the middle-end. There are fill in the blanks questions and short answer questions. The answers are in the TM. There are some good stuff in there like a few pages discussing the characteristics of a hero and whether or not Gilgamesh or Inkidu fit that definition.

Where or not you need it is up to you. You can get by w/out it doing WTM history and be just fine. Outline, narration, summarize, use SOTW maps if you have them or other maps. Add in literature and you're good to go. I got my teacher and student pages dirt cheap so I'm glad I have them for what I paid for them.

Well need is a strong word. :001_smile: Actually, have you search the logic stage board for K12HO? I think I answered this question not long ago. I'm pretty sure I included questions from K12HO student pages. Take a look and if you can't find it, I'll write up more here.

There are maps to go along w/ the history similar to how maps are used in SOTW. A lot of the student pages are telling you to do something online so a good portion of it is useless if you're not signed up for the course. It does have a bit of info on outlining and directing DC how to outline and then outline from it but it's more of a crash course rather than systematic instruction. There is also a crash course in essays toward the middle-end. There are fill in the blanks questions and short answer questions. The answers are in the TM. There are some good stuff in there like a few pages discussing the characteristics of a hero and whether or not Gilgamesh or Inkidu fit that definition.

Where or not you need it is up to you. You can get by w/out it doing WTM history and be just fine. Outline, narration, summarize, use SOTW maps if you have them or other maps. Add in literature and you're good to go. I got my teacher and student pages dirt cheap so I'm glad I have them for what I paid for them.

:iagree: I also managed to get the TG/SG for book 1 very cheap. It's been interesting and my dd has enjoyed the additional mapwork (we also do separate geography lessons). But she's not big on history and the worksheets were actually turning her off of it even more. We've cut out just about all of them now, with dh using some orally and her filling in maybe one per week. We're not getting the guides for the second book. Instead we're going to use the WTM method for it.