Menu

Why can't I find Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History...new?

aggie96

Rainbow Resource has the 2010 version. It has a picture of a knight in armor. Amazon also sells this version.

I have the 2003 version, which has the mask on it. Looking at the inside sample pages from RR, it looked exactly the same though.

Btw, I'm not crazy about the book, but I don't like just having little snippets of information here and there. My 6 year old hasn't gotten anything out of it so far. Maybe he'll get more out of it when he's older. He understands SOTW just fine. It's just the Usborne book that doesn't do it for us.

I thought this was the older version? Which one is the neswest version...mask or knight? :tongue_smilie:

...nevermind...just locked kids in closet and read posts better! I was looking for one with mask on it so Rainbow and mazon did not have it new. I'm covered now. Already placed Rainbow order so it looks like Amazon is a go! Thanks everyone!

Edited by aggie96

Rainbow Resource has the 2010 version. It has a picture of a knight in armor. Amazon also sells this version.

I have the 2003 version, which has the mask on it. Looking at the inside sample pages from RR, it looked exactly the same though.

Btw, I'm not crazy about the book, but I don't like just having little snippets of information here and there. My 6 year old hasn't gotten anything out of it so far. Maybe he'll get more out of it when he's older. He understands SOTW just fine. It's just the Usborne book that doesn't do it for us.

:iagree:

We're using the 2003 version and I agree that it's not terribly in-depth. However, my kids are 2nd and 3rd grades and are on their first go-round with the four-year cycle. We'll switch to Kingfisher or something else "meatier" for the next cycle. This, supplemented with other activities and such, is good for the younger crowd. They like all the pictures. :D

We're using the 2003 version and I agree that it's not terribly in-depth. However, my kids are 2nd and 3rd grades and are on their first go-round with the four-year cycle. We'll switch to Kingfisher or something else "meatier" for the next cycle. This, supplemented with other activities and such, is good for the younger crowd. They like all the pictures. :D

:iagree: I have the 2003 edition also and feel the same way. My son likes it though, it does not go into too much detail and he loves playing with the links (although some are just the same images as in the book). I am looking to add the Kingfisher for next year.