Menu

New found admiration

Can I just say my hat is off to those of you who are schooling teens and toddlers at the same time?!? You have my admiration.

I've been caring for my great nephew for a week now (he's 19 months) and I'm completely exhausted! The boys have only done the schooling that they do primarily on their own (IOW, no literature discussion, chemistry discussion, etc.).

I find myself watching the clock waiting for nap time and bed time :D He's a dear and really well behaved - he's just a busy boy.

So...cyber chocolates and cyber naps to all you busy moms of toddlers and teens!

Now you know. I get so tired of the funny cyber looks from people who think we don't think we do enough. Today I even resorted to Barney. Yup, never thought I'd do that, lol.

LOL! I think we've probably totally corrupted the poor fella. His parents are trying to monitor the shows he watches and for how long each day. At this point, we're in the "whatever makes him happy" mode :D I'm getting a taste of the "new" cartoons - SpongeBob, Angry Beavers, and others. He was strictly a Thomas the Tank Engine kid, but now...he's been exposed:D He even ate Flaming Hot Cheetos today - and he liked them.:tongue_smilie:

Cynthia,

Ah . . . you have to enlist the older boys to do circle time, outside time and play time with him. IoW, wear him out! :D And yes, nap time is golden. :001_smile:

Lisa

He's very attached to my youngest son which is helpful. The boys are easily distracted, though, because he has such cute antics :D The boys have truly learned a lot this past week which has been very good - being so close in age, they don't remember when we had babies around. But if I had to do this for very long, I would certainly need some advice on scheduling :tongue_smilie:

Ha! I don't allow any electronics for kids during school hours.

And yeah, more than once or a dozen times, school as been momentarily suspended due to cute younger sibling factor.;)

ETA: when we do turn on the Telly, it is to netflix.

Mr Peabody is baby girl's favorite dog next to our own IRL pooch. ;)

Ha! I don't allow any electronics for kids during school hours.

And yeah, more than once or a dozen times, school as been momentarily suspended due to cute younger sibling factor.;)

ETA: when we do turn on the Telly, it is to netflix.

Mr Peabody is baby girl's favorite dog next to our own IRL pooch. ;)

I don't either except for Bella Dancerella. Watching that diapered bottom dancing is just too cute!!

This little guy has a computer techie for a dad. He can turn my iPad on, scroll to the Netflix app, and pull up a movie! Unfortunately he pulled up a movie that was rather raunchy - it was next to the Thomas The Tank Engine in the alphabetical list. My boys thought that was totally hilarious :001_rolleyes:

It used to never phase me. But, this time around (I'll be 45 in a couple of months), exhaustion is my new norm. I haven't slept in weeks between ear infections, colds, strep, and teething. I used to be "super-mom;" now I'm just super tired.:tongue_smilie:

You're still "super mom" in my view! Just hanging in there with your sanity is proof of that :D

Oh Cynthia, that's too funny about the bad movie, lol! I could see mine doing that. He's watching Thomas right now too. He loves it, and as his screen time is limited (due to needing a speech focus) it's a treat.

Anyways, have you been to the bubbles website with him? He could do that on the ipad and have fun. http://splax.net/game/puzzle02.html My son LOVES this game, and it would be even better on an ipad. Actually, I think it's supposed to be an app for ipads and whatnot. Maybe that would get rid of the ads surrounding it? Sometimes when he plays his fingers slip and end up whacking some other link.

LOL! I think we've probably totally corrupted the poor fella. His parents are trying to monitor the shows he watches and for how long each day. At this point, we're in the "whatever makes him happy" mode :D I'm getting a taste of the "new" cartoons - SpongeBob, Angry Beavers, and others. He was strictly a Thomas the Tank Engine kid, but now...he's been exposed:D He even ate Flaming Hot Cheetos today - and he liked them.:tongue_smilie:

Well, you could really break him in with some funny YouTube videos! My littles can quote "Charlie Bit My Finger." Makes them roll over in giggles every time. :lol:

Lisa