Menu

Is this the last year for the CAT?

I was purchasing my assessment exams and had a hard time finding the CAT - Kolbe no longer offers them. Finally, I find Bayside School Services and they say this:

This testing season is the last hurrah for the California Achievement Tests, Fifth Edition. Known as the CAT/5, this test series will no longer be supported by CTB McGraw-Hill after June 2011. These tests been a standard in standardized testing for the past 20 years.

If you use the CAT, what will you use next year?

I called Seton Testing and they do the CAT E (not the CAT5) they are fine!!!

I needed to know since I can have the county do a test next month or do the CAT in June (which is when I had planned to test)

Everything is fine if you can use this test!

http://www.setontesting.com/default.php

Whew really had me worried for a minute.

They also said the CAT5 issue hasn't been fully finalized as to the effect to the testing, perhaps someone else can grade it or something, do some research and figure out what the deal is but it may not be as bad as you think!

Lara

I needed to know since I can have the county do a test next month or do the CAT in June (which is when I had planned to test)

They also said the CAT5 issue hasn't been fully finalized as to the effect to the testing, perhaps someone else can grade it or something, do some research and figure out what the deal is but it may not be as bad as you think!

Lara

Whew!

I think the CAT E is a survey test. I looked for the Kolbe website, and I'm not sure if I found the right one, but they offer the TerraNova 3 complete battery test. Is the difference between these what it sounds like? The complete battery is more thorough? Seton's CAT E is $25, and Kolbe's TerraNova 3 is $55 for non-registered families ($45 for registered families).

Has anyone used the TerraNova 3 or another complete battery test?

Lara

So the CAT 5 could be discontinued but not the CAT E? I use the CAT E for my littles and the CAT 5 in middle school. From the Bayside listing - it's not the grading that is the issue - it's that the publisher would not be supporting this test after June 2011.

Is there an equivalent test?