Menu

Kindle---looking for free books to download--that are decent reading

I have a Kindle app on my Droid and would like to try to download a few books to read. I saw some free ones but honestly, most of them were offensive. I would love some GOOD, decent, wholesome reads---funny stuff, some non fiction, fiction, etc. I am not overly picky but don't want suspense and don't need "trashy" stuff--esp. as my girls might read on it at times.

Any ideas on where to find free books?

have you gone on amazon?

Punch in Pride and Prejudice and then you'll get a list of free classics. PG Wodehouse, you name it.

Are there more than just classics there? I am looking for some nice light reads as this will be for those minutes waiting in the doctor's office, between appointments, etc.

Are there more than just classics there? I am looking for some nice light reads as this will be for those minutes waiting in the doctor's office, between appointments, etc.

If you go to the Amazon Kindle main page, the right hand side has the Top 100 Kindle books, with a tab for the Top Free 100. If you click there, you will find many venues. And, since they are free, if you don't like them just hit delete;)

Thanks. I just found 3 to download and quite a few more that look interesting. I just have no idea how many I can download on my Droid phone at once. I am really behind the times. If I can figure this out, this will be good for our plane trip to Disney in 2 weeks as well.