Menu

Scientific evidence for God

Can anyone recommend books that talk about scientific evidence for God? I'm not looking for ones that talk about proof of the Bible or Jesus' life, but evidence of God in science/nature. Lots of scientific details are a plus. Old earth or young earth is fine. Any children's or adult's book suggestions are welcome.

You might want to check out The Case for a Creator ~ Lee Strobel .. I've only watched a few bits on youtube, but it might be something you'd like. :)

The whole thing is on youtube:

Note: for anyone concerned with youtube/copyright/etc - the youtube user account that uploaded those is the production company itself.

Edited by LidiyaDawn

My favorite apologetic book lately is God and Evolution by David Wilcox. It is evolutionary theology based on the current knowledge of the gene code, but it is not Scientific Proof that God exists. There is no such thing. There is belief in revelation (natural and historical), belief in the testimony of eye witnesses, and belief in the validity of personal experience, but no Scientific Proof.

I am a Christian and this is my opinion.

Edited by Onceuponatime

Some people say fractals, the above mentioned fibonacci numbers, the vibration and sounds of the universe... etc.

There really isn't any "proof". However, for deists like myself - the proof is in all of the above, and all of nature. At some point, no matter how much science and reason we can try to put behind our beliefs, a leap of faith is still required.

On some Deism websites there are articles and links to books that explain in detail why deists see God in nature... that may help.

If you want to get science involved, the most you can look for is evidence of a creator (and no one has found evidence of that yet). There would be no way to scientifically prove that, if there was any evidence of a creator, it was any one deity over another. Not unless the deity in question came down and took the blame... er, I mean credit... and even then, we'd have to prove he was telling the truth. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you for the continued suggestions. I am checking them out. I am requesting information regarding evidence, not proof. It would be hard to prove the supernatural with a study of the natural, but there is evidence of the supernatural in the natural world.

I am looking at resources that refer to the evidence of the supernatural in science such as the fibonacci numbers. Thanks!

My favorite apologetic book lately is God and Evolution by David Wilcox. It is evolutionary theology based on the current knowledge of the gene code, but it is not Scientific Proof that God exists. There is no such thing. There is belief in revelation (natural and historical), belief in the testimony of eye witnesses, and belief in the validity of personal experience, but no Scientific Proof.

I am a Christian and this is my opinion.

This books sounds along the lines I was going in suggesting THE LANGUAGE OF GOD. I swear, I rec that book like it's amoxicillian. :D

This books sounds along the lines I was going in suggesting THE LANGUAGE OF GOD. I swear, I rec that book like it's amoxicillian. :D

I read God and Evolution after reading The Language of God, I loved it more. :-) David Wilcox is a college science teacher and he really brings the gene study to an understandable level and discusses the possibilities connected to the scriptures.

I read God and Evolution after reading The Language of God, I loved it more. :-) David Wilcox is a college science teacher and he really brings the gene study to an understandable level and discusses the possibilities connected to the scriptures.

Into my cart it goes.

seriously-the kindle has gotten a workout today with all these good book recs.