Menu

Anybody aware of a nationwide Organics shortage?

I just went grocery shopping tonight - just to our HEB, not organic food store - and they were completely cleaned out of milk, eggs, yogurt and cream. There was a sign on the shelves saying it was because of a nationwide shortage.

I've found nothing on the internet explaining it...anyone know what's going on? Weather? Some new govt regulation?

Just curious.

Its got to be a good thing, hopefully, though- although prices may go up- at least it might encourage farmers to go organic?

Our organic fruit and veg grocers at the markets frequently run out of food by Sunday- they are only there Friday to Sunday and its best to go on Friday to get the range.

Hmmm, the only place I've seen this is at HEB too (on their eggs, not the milk). My local Randall's and WalMart are completely stocked with organic dairy.

Hmm. I wonder what's going on with them, then. I haven't been to Randalls as yet...or Sprouts (I rarely get to Whole Foods) but I wondered if they're running, low as well. It seems like the natural/organic stores would have first dibs on the produce. IDK.