Menu

Purchasing K12's HO

I would like to purchase K12's HO to have on my bookshelf, along with the teacher guide (and does it come with student pages as well??). I don't want to buy used off amazon if it can be avoided and I've read posted here that it's possible to sign up for K12's course, pay the fee, then pull your child out and you get to keep the materials. Is this legit or something they will get annoyed about? I don't like having people annoyed at me. :o

Also, I'm not at all familiar with K12 so could anybody be so kind as to type real slow and (WITH LINKS!!!) walk me through what it is I need to do to find these materials on the K12 site (and get info on their online course offering)? I don't even know if I'm going to the right site, let alone find what it is I want. :001_huh:

Is this available for both levels of HO or just the 1st?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm befuddled by the whole K12 thing. :blink:

Here it is. https://ecomm.k12.com/ecommerce/public/coursePricingDetails.xhtml?cid=304775

You sign up for the monthly at $29.95 and buy the book for $99. I think this will get you both the teacher and student pages. I was told by a K12 representative that I could cancel and get to keep the books. They are gambling that you will love the online course and keep going with it.

I just bought Human Odyssey used via Amazon for 15$. I do not own any of the guides.

It is a good book but I am not sure it is 130$ (99$ for books and 30$ for one month of class) worth of good. That said, I might feel differently had I the curriculum, guides and book in front of me.

Just out of curiosity, how much would the whole thing be if one continued the class?

I am obviously one of the people who finds the K12 site a confusing loop of links.

Here it is. https://ecomm.k12.com/ecommerce/public/coursePricingDetails.xhtml?cid=304775

You sign up for the monthly at $29.95 and buy the book for $99. I think this will get you both the teacher and student pages. I was told by a K12 representative that I could cancel and get to keep the books. They are gambling that you will love the online course and keep going with it.

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately the link didn't work for me. I'm completely lost on their website. :willy_nilly:

I just bought Human Odyssey used via Amazon for 15$. I do not own any of the guides.

It is a good book but I am not sure it is 130$ (99$ for books and 30$ for one month of class) worth of good. That said, I might feel differently had I the curriculum, guides and book in front of me.

Just out of curiosity, how much would the whole thing be if one continued the class?

I am obviously one of the people who finds the K12 site a confusing loop of links.

I'm overwhelmed and my head is going to explode if I keep looking at it. :tongue_smilie: Maybe I should just buy it from amazon, but then I can't get the teacher guides. I'd like to have a copy of those. Sigh.

Maybe this is a sign and I'm just not getting it. JANE, THIS IS GOD, K12 IS NOT FOR YOUR FAMILY. :tongue_smilie:

I'm overwhelmed and my head is going to explode if I keep looking at it. :tongue_smilie: Maybe I should just buy it from amazon, but then I can't get the teacher guides.

I bought all the teacher guides and student pages from Amazon (you can also check Alibris). Search for K12 Intermediate World History A (HO vol. 1) and K12 Intermediate World History B (HO vol. 2). I couldn't find student or teacher pages for Vol. 3, though.

I bought all the teacher guides and student pages from Amazon (you can also check Alibris). Search for K12 Intermediate World History A (HO vol. 1) and K12 Intermediate World History B (HO vol. 2). I couldn't find student or teacher pages for Vol. 3, though.

Thank you, this is *very* helpful.

There are different publishing dates, ranging from 2005-2008. Are they pretty much all the same or does it matter which I buy?

Sorry for all the questions. :o

There isn't a workbook for Volume 3 because it's a high school level course monitored by a teacher. There are worksheets that can be printed off each day and kept in a notebook. The worksheets are very much like the worksheets for Volumes 1 and 2, only at a somewhat higher level.

My daughter is using the K12 Volume 3 course currently. Students can work at a core level, a comprehensive level, or an honors level. My daughter is using the comprehensive level. It's an excellent continuation of what she learned in Volume 2. She's thrilled with it. For the second semester of the course (to be taken in the fall, if it's offered) she will probably take the honors level.

I just want to say I purchased my K12 Humanan Odyssey A from Amazon for $11, the listing said it was used, but came in perfect condition(I don't think it was ever opened). I agree with previous poster, it is great, but not $130 great. Having read through some of it I really don't feel the need for the student pages, and definately see no need for the TE. If I'm wrong please let me know, but this book seems to stand on its own just fine. It has a great narrative style geared toward older children (using it with my 5th grader). If you decide to go with it, you could always ask on here for opinions from those who purchased the whole package, and see what they think of the TE.

I just want to say I purchased my K12 Humanan Odyssey A from Amazon for $11, the listing said it was used, but came in perfect condition(I don't think it was ever opened). I agree with previous poster, it is great, but not $130 great. Having read through some of it I really don't feel the need for the student pages, and definately see no need for the TE. If I'm wrong please let me know, but this book seems to stand on its own just fine. It has a great narrative style geared toward older children (using it with my 5th grader). If you decide to go with it, you could always ask on here for opinions from those who purchased the whole package, and see what they think of the TE.

Thanks for the info and reality check! :tongue_smilie: I did decide against buying it new and was able to find a used copy yesterday for a decent price. Not $11 :w00t: but certainly within what I was wanting to pay for it.

I'm not able to find the student pages for it at any sort of decent price so I am scared to ask what I'm missing. :001_unsure: I'm a whole package kind of girl though- even if I'm not going to use the whole thing, I'd sure like to have the TM and student pages because I'm sure that there's stuff in there that I would use. Afterall the TM is over 450 pages- there's got to be *some*thing useful in there. :lol: