Menu

Algebra help needed

My 17 yo ds is working his way through TT Geometry this year. He took 1.5 years to get through TT Algebra (he is NOT a strong math student, obviously). He'd like to take Algebra 1 again next year so he won't have to take it at the Community College the year after that (they test new students to see if they need remedial algebra & english).

My question is this: should I have him re-do the TT Algebra or should I try something else, like MUS Algebra? He liked the TT, but I wonder if going through the same thing a second time would have the same impact as going through a whole different course. I'm thinking of MUS because of the visual and hands-on stuff.

So what do you think?

I've heard great things about the Teaching Company's Algebra 1 videos. Since your dc is a visual learner, then this might do the trick. It also wouldn't take a full year to go through the lessons. A friend of mine had her dc use this to review for the SAT.

Blessings,