Menu

Adrenaline Surge

I was at a Bible conference last night. It was wonderful, good speakers, lots of friends who we haven't seen in too long, etc. I was exhausted before we went - dozed in the hour long drive there. Once I got there I had a natural surge of adrenaline, like I always do to handle these things. The problem is, my body doesn't seem to know how/when to stop surging. We got home at 11 pm and threw the kids in the general direction of their beds. I went to bed at 11:30 pm. I didn't actually sleep until around 4 am. I lay in bed with my thoughts racing (I couldn't even concentrate on one thought for long). When I finally did fall asleep it was a light sleep that wasn't totally relaxed. I'm up now (9 am my time) but I still feel jittery and have tense muscles like I might need to spring into action. I usually take adrenal supplements during the day (am) to help me deal with fatigue since normally my body produces too little. But when it does produce it - Watch Out! Any insights?

ETA: I took melatonin and 5-HTP before bed last night like I always do.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

No helpful tips, unfortunately, but I'm the same way. I need at least a 2 hour "cool-down" period before bedtime where I quiet my mind. If I have to be away from home for an evening event, I won't be able to fall asleep for hours, no matter how exhausted I am. Dh and dd just don't understand--they're asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.