Menu

Has anyone coordinated Genevieve Foster books with SOTW?

When I use them, I do so at the end of a time period. For instance, during ancients study, I used Augustus Caesar's World while we were studying Rome during his lifetime. It made a nice wrap-up of all the other civilizations we had already studied. I have tried breaking them up before, too, but just didn't find that very satisfying at all.....

• 4 months later...
When I use them, I do so at the end of a time period. For instance, during ancients study, I used Augustus Caesar's World while we were studying Rome during his lifetime. It made a nice wrap-up of all the other civilizations we had already studied. I have tried breaking them up before, too, but just didn't find that very satisfying at all.....

:iagree:

I've used all of the Foster books and they are so much better read all at once rather than breaking them up to match SOTW.

I have read both, but not together. The Foster books don't cover a very long time period (one person's life span), so if I were to study them together, I would just insert the appropriate Foster book before or after the corresponding SOTW book. Beautiful Feet has a great guide for the Foster books. 4 of them are in the middle school guide, and Augustus Caesar is in ancient.

SL uses them along with SOTW in core 6 & 7.

Yes, I am really looking forward to using SOTW and the Foster books in these cores. Even if you just wanted the SOTW/Foster schedule, you could probably find an older IG pretty reasonably.

Lisa