Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLHCO

Are chills/shivering without a fever anything to worry about?

My son (10yo) has had reoccurring incidents of shivering for the last 2 weeks, often without feeling cold and without a fever. I sometimes notice he's mildly pale - could be my imagination though- and/or has cold hands during these times, but otherwise, swears he feels just fine. I haven't figured out anything specific that could be causing this. It goes away after anywhere from 10-30 or so minutes, and he's back to normal.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried doing a google search and the only thing I got was either for fever (none), or reactions to medication (he isn't on any), vitamin deficiency (not likely - we eat pretty balanced and he takes a multivitamin), insect bites, etc. Hypothyroid is another, but he's a rather energetic child with no change there either, so it doesn't fit.

Any other thoughts?

My son (10yo) has had reoccurring incidents of shivering for the last 2 weeks, often without feeling cold and without a fever. I sometimes notice he's mildly pale - could be my imagination though- and/or has cold hands during these times, but otherwise, swears he feels just fine. I haven't figured out anything specific that could be causing this. It goes away after anywhere from 10-30 or so minutes, and he's back to normal.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried doing a google search and the only thing I got was either for fever (none), or reactions to medication (he isn't on any), vitamin deficiency (not likely - we eat pretty balanced and he takes a multivitamin), insect bites, etc. Hypothyroid is another, but he's a rather energetic child with no change there either, so it doesn't fit.

Any other thoughts?

hypoglycemia?

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin