Menu

I'm either the best mom in the world, or the worst

Tonight my ds14 is out with friends from his black belt club from his karate classes. These kids are a bit older - 17 and 18. They asked him to go out to bowling, dinner, and a class at another karate studio. They should be home by 10 pm.

I know all the other kids' parents. The boy who is driving is very reliable. This is my child who had issues with other people when he was younger. (Diagnosed with Aspergers!) I'm thankful that he's being asked to go!

So, you'll all stay up with me and wait for him - right??????

I have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but I am going to sit up and wait with you!:)

You're so sweet!!!!! Go ahead and go to bed. I'm sure he'll be fine. Just another half hour or so now. Waiting for the phone call about that movie though . . . Dh may have to do the waiting!!!!

He'll be fine, Jennifer. I bet they agreed on what movie beforehand and that you've raised him to know which movies he can/can't see. That beginning to let go stage is SO hard. You can do it!!

I'll stay up and wait with you. :001_smile:

This stage IS hard! Especially when we live in an area where they have to drive on freeways to get anywhere!!! I grew up in a small town. So, it was simple to drive from a friend's house to mine. 25 mph!!! Freeways are scary!

Thanks for waiting with me!

I'm up with you! He'll be fine but I know how you feel. Ack :eek: When did my baby become old enough to have friends that :auto: ? My dd 16 is visiting a girlfriend on the college campus tonight. At least I get to do the driving. :D

I know!!! It's so hard!!!!

Got the call. They're back in our town at a friend's house who lives 2 blocks away. They rented Karate Kid. Dh is picking him up at 11:15. Woo hoo!!!!

I know!!! It's so hard!!!!

Got the call. They're back in our town at a friend's house who lives 2 blocks away. They rented Karate Kid. Dh is picking him up at 11:15. Woo hoo!!!!

Congrats! Your thread reminded me of the 'chaotic' way that a group of teens decides 'what' they are going to do..........we were having dinner with out of town friends a couple of years ago. When I had last seen them, they didn't have any children and my 'olders' were in elementary school. When we met them for dinner in DC, they had two teenaged daughters and a 7 year old son. We had a 7 yr old daughter, 6 yr old twins, and two grand-daughters.

We ended up talking with the husband the entire meal. The mom spent the entire evening answering her phone literally every 3 minutes as one or the other of the daughters called -- 'Can we order Chinese food?' 'Can we go to so-and-so's house?' 'Can so and so come here?' 'Can we go to the movies?' and on and on. We were in DC and the girls were in Houston. Their little boy was at a scout overnight so he was not heard from.

It just comes with the territory. Welcome to the club!;)