Menu

MM for Kindy

UmMusa

Hi

I am using the Addition book from Math Mammoth for my kindergartener. It's going well. Now that the sales are going on, I was wondering what you all found to be good for KG. I don't know if I'll use it going forward or not. My older kids use Saxon and are happy with it, but the Saxon K and Saxon 1 look so tedious by the looks of the repetition and slow moving-ness.

What should I buy if I want to use MM for first grade? And is this something I should supplement or what? Can MM stand alone?

We use the Blue Series. Thus far in Kindergarten, I have used Addition 1, Place Value 1, and Subtraction 1. I plan to use Add & Subtract 1 also. Put together, these are the main content of Light Blue 1a and 1b. I think there may be a few bits of the measurement, early geometry, etc. books in there, too.

If you were to buy the light blue 1a and 1b, you would find that the first part of 1a is basically identical to Addition 1.

I see. I think I'm just confused by how she organizes the material. I bought Addition just by itself as a download a couple of weeks ago. I'll go back and see about getting the 1a and 1b.

Basically the blue series is arranged by topic, and the light blue series is arranged as a yearly/grade level curriculum. You can see how to arrange the blue series as a curriculum here: http://www.mathmammoth.com/study_order.php

Thanks! I'm on her site now and I think I'll buy the Grade 1 curriculum. I guess I'll just go ahead and start it now with my KG'er. I'll wait till March for the 40% off though ;)

Looks like the Addition book will be in the Grade 1 books too. That's ok. Thank you for that link.

Thanks! I'm on her site now and I think I'll buy the Grade 1 curriculum. I guess I'll just go ahead and start it now with my KG'er. I'll wait till March for the 40% off though ;)

Looks like the Addition book will be in the Grade 1 books too. That's ok. Thank you for that link.

I think the 40% off you're referring to is through the homeschool buyers' co-op, where you can only buy the entire blue series, the entire light blue series, or a package with everything. You can't buy just one year's curriculum through that particular sale.

I got the blue series last year, I couldn't be happier!

I think the 40% off you're referring to is through the homeschool buyers' co-op, where you can only buy the entire blue series, the entire light blue series, or a package with everything. You can't buy just one year's curriculum through that particular sale.

I got the blue series last year, I couldn't be happier!

Are you serious!!! I've been waiting for a few weeks!! I didn't know I had to buy the whole thing! Ok, I'll go have another look now. At least they're not too costly.