Menu

Need makeup suggestions for over 40, sensitive skin, safe ingredients

:)

I'll be 43 in June, and am using mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals) because it doesn't break me out, but am feeling like it's not the best for aging skin and showing lines etc... I just don't know what else to use. My skin is clear, but I will break out easily from makeup, skincare etc...

I use coconut oil as a moisturizer and ACV & water as a toner. These are great for me and don't cause any breakouts or sensitivity. I'm just not sure what to use for foundation. I want it to be free of harmful chemicals on the Skin Deep Database if possible.:) Any ideas for a cream or liquid makeup???

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys

I was hoping to get away from mineral makeup though. Maybe a cream or liquid.

My experience is that that creams and liquids will clog your pores and cause breakouts much more than mineral powder makeup. http://www.beautypedia.com is free until the end of February, so you might want to check out the ratings there. Beautypedia is one of Paula the Cosmetics Cop's websites.

I started using Aloette skin care almost a year ago. It's expensive, but the base ingredient in their products is medical grade aloe vera, and it's make a huge difference in how my skin looks and feels. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my skin since I started using it. One of my coworkers has a lot of allergies to common cosmetic and skin care ingredients, but she was able to find some Aloette products she can use, and she really likes them, too.

:)

I'll be 43 in June, and am using mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals) because it doesn't break me out, but am feeling like it's not the best for aging skin and showing lines etc... I just don't know what else to use. My skin is clear, but I will break out easily from makeup, skincare etc...

I use coconut oil as a moisturizer and ACV & water as a toner. These are great for me and don't cause any breakouts or sensitivity. I'm just not sure what to use for foundation. I want it to be free of harmful chemicals on the Skin Deep Database if possible.:) Any ideas for a cream or liquid makeup???

I tried Everyday Minerals when I was searching for new makeup and it just wasn't a good enough fit for me - showed lines like you said, etc. I found Meow Cosmetics foundation to be the best (I tried a number of different mineral brands). It's still a mineral makeup, but has very different coverage than Everyday Minerals.

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/

I started using Aloette skin care almost a year ago. It's expensive, but the base ingredient in their products is medical grade aloe vera, and it's make a huge difference in how my skin looks and feels. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my skin since I started using it. One of my coworkers has a lot of allergies to common cosmetic and skin care ingredients, but she was able to find some Aloette products she can use, and she really likes them, too.

Aloette has some amazing products. I didn't use their foundations, but the cleansers, moisturizers, and (especially!) the warming pumpkin face mask were wonderful.

I'm now using Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals for foundation and I'm happy with it.

I have started using a primer before I apply mineral foundation, and wow- what a difference. :) I have tried Maybelline, Bare Minerals & Smashbox. All very similar...basically, the primer creates a very smooth/soft surface which helps (1)makeup to stay on but (2)helps it look so much better.

You'd think it would clog pores, but it doesn't. Maybe check it out?

I have started using a primer before I apply mineral foundation, and wow- what a difference. :) I have tried Maybelline, Bare Minerals & Smashbox. All very similar...basically, the primer creates a very smooth/soft surface which helps (1)makeup to stay on but (2)helps it look so much better.

You'd think it would clog pores, but it doesn't. Maybe check it out?

What primer do you use?