Menu

Plans for 1st grade science a la WTM?

kls126s

Thanks to all of your wise encouragement, I have decided trying to do one of the Apologia elementary science books would be overkill at this stage. I'm going to stick with the WTM recommendations of the life science spine books and reading/narration/library books and do it two days a week.

My problem is that if I don't have things all scheduled out, I will be too loosey goosey. I like the look of the schedules at Easy Classical but figure I should be able to write my own for that price!

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm wondering if anyone else wrote their own and would be willing to share their plans? I have a pretty good library system so I can get my hands on just about any book I want.

TIA!

we used Easy Classical this year and I too thought $35 was high for what I got. Until I used it. Until many Monday mornings I had never thought to look ahead and prepare and found I didn't need to ;-) I loved having it so much I bought again for next year(earth science and astronomy). And again I felt $35 was high for a schedule but I know that I will get science done and that it is really a little less than a $1 a week. And from that angle I can justify it.

I felt $35 was high for a schedule but I know that I will get science done...

That's kind of my thinking too, and our hs budget is pretty comfortable so I could do it, but I just thought I'd see if there were options.

Did you have any problems with the "experiments"? The sample I looked at online said to find rolly pollies or earth worms. :001_huh: How am I supposed to do that, and what if I can't? Made me wonder if I was going to run into that regularly through the program.

I don't know if this is considered advertising but since you asked, I have done plans for science ala WTM, no wheel reinventing needed! It's called Elemental science and I just have biology and earth science/astronomy available. You can download both the teacher's guide and student workbook for $13 on Lulu so it's not too expensive. You can see samples at my website along with some freebies, http://www.elementalscience.com. If you have more questions feel free to PM me.