Menu

Any GOOD frozen mac & cheese?!?

Hello Hive~

Saturday is our co-op's Father/Daughter banquet and after coordinating and planning for several weeks I've run out of steam to cook for 80 people. Can anyone recommend a GOOD frozen mac & cheese that we can throw in the oven to serve as a sidedish?

Also, any ideas for party starters to entertain those who are waiting for others to register and have pics made?

THANKS!

Dina :001_smile:

Also, any ideas for party starters to entertain those who are waiting for others to register and have pics made?

THANKS!

Print out a bunch of different lists of trivia questions. You can find these online. scatter these around the tables wherever people are going to be standing around. They are great conversation starters and give bored people something to do while waiting.....

"Good" can vary widely. My family loves Stouffer's.

Party starter: My kids played a "Box Game" last week, which is designed to talk to many people in a short time. YOU will prepare a sheet of paper with a grid of 25 boxes. In each box, write a statement such as "We have more than three dogs." "I have been to Mexico." "I have red hair." "I have been to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans." "I have eaten buffalo." "There are more than six kids in my family." "I wear glasses." "I have been water skiing."

Each person is given a sheet at registration (in your case, it could be each father/daughter team). The goal is to find a person to sign their name in a box that is true for them, and they can only sign one box on your sheet.

I'm probably giving waaay too much detail.

Do you have a local restaurant/caterer who would sell you a large quantity of it? That might be easier than trying to cook a large amount of frozen. That's a lot of oven space and a lot of time. It would be worth checking the price, I'd just make sure it isn't Kraft from the box, though;). I know that even fast food places like Bojangles and Kentucky Fried Chicken have macaroni and cheese. My daughter is fond of the Bojangles one.

For frozen, we like Stouffers as well.

Do you have a local restaurant/caterer who would sell you a large quantity of it? That might be easier than trying to cook a large amount of frozen. That's a lot of oven space and a lot of time. It would be worth checking the price, I'd just make sure it isn't Kraft from the box, though;). I know that even fast food places like Bojangles and Kentucky Fried Chicken have macaroni and cheese. My daughter is fond of the Bojangles one.

For frozen, we like Stouffers as well.

Karen ~

Good advice I'll keep that in mind for next year! :001_smile:

Thanks everyone! GREAT ideas!

I just bought 6 Stoffers' family sized mac & cheese and am wondering if that will be enough for approximately 80 (as a side dish?) :confused: I didn't see Boston but thanks for the heads up.

Off again :auto:

Family size, or party size? 6 family size would not be enough for 80 people. Of course, it also depends on how many people will eat it, but for that many people, I would think you would need more. 6 Party size would be plenty though.