Menu

Illinois SB 136 Tabled!

Maloney is already talking about how he still wants to go after those homeschoolers who are slipping through the cracks, at least in his mind. There is a petition to sign here: http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2011/02/homeschoolers-call-for-public-assurance-from-senator-maloney.html. You can also just email, write, or call him with the same message.

I call BS. Get out the shovels and fishingboots, this man is full of it. Still praying for ya'll.

:iagree:

there already are laws about this stuff with "non teaching homeschoolers". But it does require proof of guilt instead of assumption of guilt.

why create new ones?

-crystal

there already are laws about this stuff with "non teaching homeschoolers". But it does require proof of guilt instead of assumption of guilt.

why create new ones?

-crystal

Because apparently Maloney has nothing better to do than chase us. Forget about the state of public schools, forget about our impending backruptcy. Homeschoolers are the evil problem!:D

why create new ones?

-crystal

The Senator stated somewhere that he was pretty much unaware of everything dealing with homeschooling and the trigger was an acquaintance that homeschooled. When he asked about it the acquaintance informed him there was no registration or requirements (or at least none that have to be turned in for oversight on a regular basis).

It sounds like he is one of those immediately suspicious people that get in a tizzy or nosey (in your business) when you don't fit inside his box. So he's made this is hill to battle on, even in his ignorance and while sitting in the middle of the mess his own district is in (aka financially, dismal graduation rate, etc).

I loved this article about the whole thing.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/eaton/3875136-452/homeschooling-parents-not-eager-for-states-help.html

Apparently we weren't the only people profoundly disturbed by the truant officer's line of thinking.

WOW!

I would not let him in if he came to my door, I bet a lot of us wouldn't. He has lawsuit written all over him.