Menu

It is all gone this morning

Well, we woke up today and it is gone. Thank God! There might be the slightest swelling on the left (largest) side. But that may be my imagination.

I'm wondering if I should still take her since there is nothing to show the doc or if I will leave well enough alone for now. Maybe it is time for a simple well child check.

In the future I'll try not to freak out over something I've never seen before.

Thanks you all for your prayers, insights and help. I was able to get some sleep last night.

PS Someone tell me how to edit the thread title so it shows up as edited on the board.

Yep, just a lymph node fighting infection....it did a good job. If you think there's the possibility of a sinus infection from her colds, I'd take her in and get her checked out. If she's otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. She could have simply scratched herself and the lymph node swelled up in response to that.

Of course, if you want the doc to check her out for peace of mind....there's nothing wrong with that either.

Oh, good. I didn't see the other thread until just now, so don't know if anyone mentioned that lumps can be caused by insect bites to the head as well. As Diane said, it's an immune reaction. Dh and I spent a sleepless night once, thinking dd was dying when we found a big lump behind her ear.

Yep, just a lymph node fighting infection....it did a good job. If you think there's the possibility of a sinus infection from her colds, I'd take her in and get her checked out. If she's otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. She could have simply scratched herself and the lymph node swelled up in response to that.

Of course, if you want the doc to check her out for peace of mind....there's nothing wrong with that either.

I haven't seen any sign of a sinus infection. I did notice a scratch from her ankle to the bottom of her foot. Probably from one of our cats who are going bonkers with being inside.

I'm going to make an appointment for a first visit-well child check and get her established as a patient. I'll probably won't get her in until some time next week. I'll mention the swollen glands then.

Whatever is causing the infection would be on her scalp or her sinuses or ears, somewhere around there. And, seriously....it could be microscopic. But the lymph nodes behind the ear drain that area. The cut on her ankle would cause swollen lymph nodes in groin area. And, not every cut, bite, infection, etc. causes noticeable lymph node swelling. Now, in a systemic disease...like cat scratch fever (caused mainly by kittens), you would see multiple nodes swollen all over. But, if the node went down overnight....it's something minor. Even a little irritation in a pierced ear can cause swelling of lymph nodes there.

Whatever is causing the infection would be on her scalp or her sinuses or ears, somewhere around there. And, seriously....it could be microscopic. But the lymph nodes behind the ear drain that area. The cut on her ankle would cause swollen lymph nodes in groin area. And, not every cut, bite, infection, etc. causes noticeable lymph node swelling. Now, in a systemic disease...like cat scratch fever (caused mainly by kittens), you would see multiple nodes swollen all over. But, if the node went down overnight....it's something minor. Even a little irritation in a pierced ear can cause swelling of lymph nodes there.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. Dh is going in this afternoon for his yearly and I've asked him to make her an appointment before he leaves.

There is no telling how long it has been swollen. For all I know it has been that way since the last week of January. She said she noticed it 3 or 4 days ago.