Menu

High School transcripts?

Ok I am feeling really nervous about these. Everything for dds college life and career goals depends on these (well, career goals goes back to college) How do you do them? Is there software that makes it easy? I am very panicked about doing these and not messing up.

I am planning on doing 8th grade transcripts as a "trial" year so I do not mess up. Also, if a child is taking high school level classes in 8th can those be counted on the transcripts anywhere?

Is there a book called high school transcripts for dummies?? :D :001_huh:

Any and all calming advice would be greatly appreciated!

I added a tag reading "transcripts" to this thread. If you click on it, you will be led to a number of previous threads on this subject.

My son had a one page transcript, accompanied by a longer document listing course descriptions and text book selections.

Regarding 8th grade courses on the transcript: this may depend on the college. Some specify that they only want to see the four years of high school work on the transcript. It is not uncommon for 7th and 8th graders to take Algebra I so it is not problematic for this course to be missing from a transcript. Listing Geometry, Algebra II, Precalculus, etc. implies that Algebra I was studied beforehand. Further, most college bound students do not lack credits so padding a transcript with eighth grade courses is really not necessary.

Breathe deep and ask lots of questions over here. It is what I did!

Jane

I searched the internet to look at a variety of templates and picked one that I liked.

My daughter's college barely glanced at hers.....they just needed something so they could check the box for transcript.

My son joined the Navy and I had to make a few minor adjustments to my original plan to make it more agreeable to them. No big deal.

I did not put highschool level classes taken in the 8th grade year.

My advice. Don't stress over it!

HTH

Ok I am feeling really nervous about these. Everything for dds college life and career goals depends on these (well, career goals goes back to college) How do you do them? Is there software that makes it easy? I am very panicked about doing these and not messing up.

I am planning on doing 8th grade transcripts as a "trial" year so I do not mess up. Also, if a child is taking high school level classes in 8th can those be counted on the transcripts anywhere?

Is there a book called high school transcripts for dummies?? :D :001_huh:

Any and all calming advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you scroll down on this link (http://shadesofwhite.typepad.com/shades_of_white/homeschooling/ ) you will find samples of my transcript, diploma, and high school classes. You are welcome to download them if they would help you.

Jean

If you scroll down on this link (http://shadesofwhite.typepad.com/shades_of_white/homeschooling/ ) you will find samples of my transcript, diploma, and high school classes. You are welcome to download them if they would help you.

Jean

:iagree:Definitely check out Jean's transcript--it was the inspiration for my own (Thank you, Jean!!!! :001_smile:) which I did in Excel. I also borrowed a couple of ideas that I liked from one of the examples on the HSLDA website.

I did end up including two high school level courses taken in 8th grade, not so much for the credits but for the subject matter (one because it was a good lab course, which we needed, and the other in order to show we hadn't skipped that subject.) These are easy to add in if you organize by subject. But even if you organize by school year you can include a small section titled something like, "High School Courses completed prior to 9th grade" where you can list them. (I was such a fanatic about covering my bases that I actually did TWO transcripts, one organized by subject and one by year :tongue_smilie:) I would be judicious, though, in listing courses from 8th grade, and keep it minimal.