Menu

Hormony Fine Arts

Hormony Fine Arts--is this the adolescent version? Tee Hee

I would go with the second grade. She uses Artistic Pursuits, and it's pretty easy to go right into book 2, imo.

Great program, btw.

I only have book one and am trying to limit what I need to purchase. Is there any other reason for going right into second grade? Is there anything that we may miss by not doing first grade?

She does coordinate the art appreciation to the 4 year history cycle so if you are planning to use that option of the program and will be moving on to middle ages next year you might want to consider the 2nd grade Harmony booklet and associated books.

She does coordinate the art appreciation to the 4 year history cycle so if you are planning to use that option of the program and will be moving on to middle ages next year you might want to consider the 2nd grade Harmony booklet and associated books.

Actually we will be doing SOTW 1 next year so I was thinking grade 1 may work better.

I think the new version of grade one no longer follows the 4 year history cycle. I asked Barb Harmony about that, and she said if I wanted the ancients part of her program to buy the 5th grade book. She said you can use it for multiple ages and that the grades are only a guideline.

I bought 2nd grade for next year, but with so many options I don't think I will be using the history part as much as I thought.

After seeing the program, it is so easy to use and has lots of options.

HTH,

Kim